The Student Room Group

what is a tsr emoji you don't understand?

title
:cockup:
Original post by Spelunker

Hi there.

I think that was made due to a TSR employee (known as Pig) quitting when TSR was in its earlier days. Pig dealt with the technical aspect of TSR so they made this emoji after he left. @AngryJellyfish could confirm/correct this and provide a more detailed explanation. :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
:acaila:

another story for this perhaps?
:facepalm2:
I don't know why it took me so long to work out what this is... it looks like some weird banana thing at first glance
Original post by Spelunker

Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

I think that was made due to a TSR employee (known as Pig) quitting when TSR was in its earlier days. Pig dealt with the technical aspect of TSR so they made this emoji after he left. @AngryJellyfish could confirm/correct this and provide a more detailed explanation. :smile:

Last time I paraphrased my memory of what happened, but since I'm not sure if @Evil Homer's comment here was aimed fully or partially at me, here's the original announcement from then staff member J (also only his side of the story, to be fair). TL;DR, it's a 15+ year old reference to what was a huge drama at the time, but that very few will remember these days!

Reading that post back now, it's amazing how the speech used by those with red usernames has changed! :zomg:

Original post by Wannabevetnurse
:acaila:

another story for this perhaps?

Former supermod, and one time leader of TSR's Monster Raving Loony Party during my brief foray into the Model House of Commons (which is no longer a thing either). I don't know what event(s) led to that smiley being added, though! :laugh:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Last time I paraphrased my memory of what happened, but since I'm not sure if @Evil Homer's comment here was aimed fully or partially at me, here's the original announcement from then staff member J (also only his side of the story, to be fair). TL;DR, it's a 15+ year old reference to what was a huge drama at the time, but that very few will remember these days!

Reading that post back now, it's amazing how the speech used by those with red usernames has changed! :zomg:

Former supermod, and one time leader of TSR's Monster Raving Loony Party during my brief foray into the Model House of Commons (which is no longer a thing either). I don't know what event(s) led to that smiley being added, though! :laugh:

WOW, lol.
drama!
Original post by AngryJellyfish

wow! such deep history behind one emoji! :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest