The Student Room Group

absence due to COVID

so I'm a migrant worker student. I've lived in the UK since Nov 2018, and now have a pre-settled status and was working the whole time however because of the pandemic I was put on furlough so I went back home stay with my family on December 12th. and came back to the UK on May 28th. I had a plane ticket to come back to the UK on January 19th but the UK was on lockdown so I stayed for exactly 169 days outside the UK. I'm I still eligible for student finance? or did I break the continuous residency rule?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Ernesto0
so I'm a migrant worker student. I've lived in the UK since Nov 2018, and now have a pre-settled status and was working the whole time however because of the pandemic I was put on furlough so I went back home to stay with my family on December 12th. and came back to the UK on May 28th. I had a plane ticket to come back to the UK on January 19th but the UK was on lockdown so I stayed for exactly 169 days outside the UK. I'm I still eligible for student finance? or did I break the continuous residency rule?

Hello,

When are you looking to study?

Thanks, Lynsey.
Reply 2
2022 or 2023
Reply 3
Original post by Lynsey SFE
Hello,

When are you looking to study?

Thanks, Lynsey.

2022 or2023
2022 or2023

Hello,

Thank you for confirming!

In order to confirm your eligibility, please confirm:
1. Which university and course you are looking to commence your studies with
2. How old are you
3. Your current status and residency within the UK and EU
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold

Thanks, Lynsey.
Reply 5
Hey thank you,1. Im gonna study at the lsbu and I’m going to study computer science.2. I’m 24 3. I’m pre settled in the uk I’ve lived here since 2018. I hold an Italian passport. However I have never lived in the eu zone because my family worked in Africa I lived there most of my life4. I have a French baccalaureate.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 6
Hey thank you,1. Im gonna study at the lsbu and I’m going to study computer science.2. I’m 24. 3. I’m pre settled in the uk I’ve lived here since 2018. I hold an Italian passport. However I have never lived in the eu zone because my family worked in Africa I lived there most of my life4. I have a French baccalaureate.
Hello,

Thank you for confirming!

In order to confirm your eligibility, please confirm:
1. Which university and course you are looking to commence your studies with
2. How old are you
3. Your current status and residency within the UK and EU
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold

Thanks, Lynsey.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hello,

I would suggest applying, however currently, due to the break you would be ineligible without the evidence. You would need to provide evidence to show your time in Africa due to covid was of a temporary nature.

Thanks, Lynsey.
Reply 8
Hello,

I would suggest applying, however currently, due to the break you would be ineligible without the evidence. You would need to provide evidence to show your time in Africa due to covid was of a temporary nature.

Thanks, Lynsey.

Can I provide my uk payslips because I was still employed in the uk, as evidence and my original ticket that was scheduled to return on January 19th. What other evidence could I provide?
And I thought that days less than 180 wouldn’t break your continuous residence status?
(edited 1 year ago)
Can I provide my uk payslips because I was still employed in the uk, as evidence and my original ticket that was scheduled to return on January 19th. What other evidence could I provide?
And I thought that days less than 180 wouldn’t break your continuous residence status?

Hello,

Yes, that evidence should be fine.
If anything further is required, we will let you know.

Thanks, Lynsey.
Reply 10
Hello,

Yes, that evidence should be fine.
If anything further is required, we will let you know.

Thanks, Lynsey.

Thank you so much you were very helpful
Thank you so much you were very helpful

Hello,

You're more than welcome!

Thanks, Lynsey.
Reply 12
Hello Lynsey,

I had previously asked you questions.
So for this question : In the three years prior to the start of the first academic year of your course, did you live outside the UK and Islands at any time? Do I reply yes or no? Because I didn live in Africa I was just stuck there because of lockdown.

Hello,

You're more than welcome!

Thanks, Lynsey.
Hello Lynsey,

I had previously asked you questions.
So for this question : In the three years prior to the start of the first academic year of your course, did you live outside the UK and Islands at any time? Do I reply yes or no? Because I didn live in Africa I was just stuck there because of lockdown.

Hello,

You need to indicated 'Yes'.

Thanks, Lynsey.
Reply 14
Hello,

You need to indicated 'Yes'.

Thanks, Lynsey.

Thank you
Thank you

Hi there,

You're welcome - if you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending