The Student Room Group

NCH essay competition 2022

Hi everyone!
I was wondering whether anyone has heard back from NCH regarding the essay competition this year. Have they emailed any of the shortlisted applicants yet?

Scroll to see replies

I haven’t received an email yet. I think they said they’ll be getting back to us in July or so.
Original post by Taeraatutta
I haven’t received an email yet. I think they said they’ll be getting back to us in July or so.

I had emailed them previously and they told me that they would email the shortlisted applicants in June. But I'm not really sure as it has written that they will announce the winners in July.
Original post by studypurposes
I had emailed them previously and they told me that they would email the shortlisted applicants in June. But I'm not really sure as it has written that they will announce the winners in July.

Shouldn’t be that much of a wait anymore then.
Shouldn’t be that much of a wait anymore then.

Did you ever hear back?
Original post by Saint Just
Did you ever hear back?

No, have you heard from them?
No, have you heard from them?

No, probably be end of the month 23:59 lol.
Expect to hear something this week!
Reply 8
Original post by New College of the Humanities
Expect to hear something this week!

Hi! I just got a phone message from NCH, does it mean anything or does everyone got the same message as I am?
Original post by miguroi
Hi! I just got a phone message from NCH, does it mean anything or does everyone got the same message as I am?

What was in the message if you don’t mind?
Reply 10
I haven’t got anything yet might just be shortlisted people??
Original post by Down_worlder
I haven’t got anything yet might just be shortlisted people??

Same here
Reply 12
Or maybe it depends of the subject. What subject did you do? (I did law and did not get anything yet)

Is that the invite to the NCH open day? I got that too, but I haven't heard anything back yet about the outcome of the essay comp yet though :smile:
Reply 14

My friend also got that message for his economics essay I think, It said that the NCH would call him soon and that he should keep the 23rd of July free in his schedule (For the winning / finalist ceremony I suppose?)
(edited 1 year ago)
yah i got the message for my law essay...they called but i was in school so they left a voicemail saying they would call tmr -- hopefully they call after school!!
The message if anyone's interested:

Hi XXX, We will be announcing the winners of our essay competition this week. A member of our team will be calling you with some exciting news! Please do look out for our phone call, In the meantime, please hold the Saturday 23 July from 15:30 to 19:30 for a special event in London. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Best wishes, the NCH London team.
Original post by R31351
Or maybe it depends of the subject. What subject did you do? (I did law and did not get anything yet)

Did law too, maybe we aren’t shortlisted lol
Congratulations to everyone who’s been shortlisted though x
Anyone doing the history one?
Massive congrats to all who were shortlisted, has anyone got any info on the philosophy category? I'm guessing if we haven't got messages we haven't been shortlisted, but I'm just interested :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest