The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University Comparison Request

Hello everyone,
I'm 18 years old from India,
I got accepted at University of Liverpool with a 2000 Pounds scholarship and Coventry University for Bachelors of Science (Computer Science)
Even though our initial research shows University of Liverpool is better,
It would be great if you guys helped me and my parents out to pick the better one of the two, and help us a make a good decision.
Cheers.
"Better" in what sense?

Better accommodation? Better nightlife? Better sport facilities? Better transport links with India? Better reputation?

No two people will judge any two universities in the same way, as different things will be important to them. What is important to you?
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by DataVenia
"Better" in what sense?

Better accommodation? Better nightlife? Better sport facilities? Better transport links with India? Better reputation?

No two people will judge any two universities in the same way, as different things will be important to them. What is important to you?

Better in graduate employability, academics, reputation etc?
Choose Liverpool, 100%.

1. It has higher entry requirements (AAB vs BBC), meaning it will have cleverer students and therefore will probably be taught at a higher standard.

2. Liverpool is a much more interesting city.

3. You get a scholarship there.

4. It has a better research profile (I couldn't find Coventry's for 2021, so I was comparing the 2014 data). This isn't directly relevant as a student, but it just means you will be in an environment where the staff are doing cooler research.
Original post by Anonymous
Better in graduate employability, academics, reputation etc?

In that case Liverpool.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello everyone,
I'm 18 years old from India,
I got accepted at University of Liverpool with a 2000 Pounds scholarship and Coventry University for Bachelors of Science (Computer Science)
Even though our initial research shows University of Liverpool is better,
It would be great if you guys helped me and my parents out to pick the better one of the two, and help us a make a good decision.
Cheers.

Hi there,

I hope you're well.

First of all, congratulations on receiving a scholarship - that's fantastic!

Secondly, I am slightly bias, but I really do love Liverpool and recommend it to all my friends and family. But, choosing the right university is such an independent decision, and what might work for someone might not work for another. My advice would be to speak to the ambassadors on UniBuddy (here's the link: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/chat/), and chat to a current student about how they're finding the course you want to study. Hopefully that'll give you more of an insight, and ensure that you make the right decision for you.

Best of luck, if you have any queries regarding Liverpool or want anymore information please do let me know - I'm on hand to help!

Thanks,
Ana - Ambassador :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending