The Student Room Group

Ending it

Have been speaking to this guy for over a month now and we went on a date this weekend, we got along so well and I ended up staying the night but I'm not feeling it now. Don't know how to let him down gently? I stupidly said yes to seeing him again and I feel like I shouldn't have agreed to that.

What makes it worse he is one my friends friends so I am likely to see him again and don't want to end things on awkward terms because he was definitely more into me than I was into him, or so it seemed anyway.
Reply 1
Treating someone with respect and a bit of compassion can help. See him, tell him how you’re feeling as honestly as you can, avoiding cliches, and listen to what he has to say and then draw a line. Mind you, rejection is seldom easy.
Original post by Anonymous
Have been speaking to this guy for over a month now and we went on a date this weekend, we got along so well and I ended up staying the night but I'm not feeling it now. Don't know how to let him down gently? I stupidly said yes to seeing him again and I feel like I shouldn't have agreed to that.

What makes it worse he is one my friends friends so I am likely to see him again and don't want to end things on awkward terms because he was definitely more into me than I was into him, or so it seemed anyway.

Honestly just tell him exactly how you feel kindly, tell him that you don't feel that way anymore and you want to stay friends, you just don't see this going anywhere romantically. I went on a date with and ended up sleeping with (a few days before that date) with one of my guy friends (who is kinda in the same friends circle as me). I just wasn't feeling it after the date, and told him honestly what I felt and we're still friends and talk to each other. It's not awkward if you don't allow it to be.

Just try to tell him as soon as you can or it might come off as leading him on. It'll be alright, you've got this
Original post by Alaska_Bear_25
Honestly just tell him exactly how you feel kindly, tell him that you don't feel that way anymore and you want to stay friends, you just don't see this going anywhere romantically. I went on a date with and ended up sleeping with (a few days before that date) with one of my guy friends (who is kinda in the same friends circle as me). I just wasn't feeling it after the date, and told him honestly what I felt and we're still friends and talk to each other. It's not awkward if you don't allow it to be.

Just try to tell him as soon as you can or it might come off as leading him on. It'll be alright, you've got this

We've been chatting a bit since the date and I feel awful because I know I just need to rip the bandaid off and tell him sooner rather than later but I just don't know what to say.
Original post by Anonymous
We've been chatting a bit since the date and I feel awful because I know I just need to rip the bandaid off and tell him sooner rather than later but I just don't know what to say.

I get the terrible feeling and you do know what you have to do. Just breathe in and hold onto a bit of courage and just tell him you don't see this going anywhere romantically. That your feelings for him are platonic and that you wish to talk and stay friends. It'll be alright. If you want to talk, I'll be here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending