The Student Room Group

Is the Oxford Brookes MBA being damaged

I know of a person who was recently awarded a part time MBA from Oxford Brookes. Although the person had been working for many years, they went to secondary school and did not achieve a single CSE, obviously never went to Uni but Oxford Brookes accepted his application and of course money. He didn't even have to do a DMS to pre-qualify for the MBA course. What does that say about the quality of an Oxford Brookes MBA?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Billwilliams12
I know of a person who was recently awarded a part time MBA from Oxford Brookes. Although the person had been working for many years, they went to secondary school and did not achieve a single CSE, obviously never went to Uni but Oxford Brookes accepted his application and of course money. He didn't even have to do a DMS to pre-qualify for the MBA course. What does that say about the quality of an Oxford Brookes MBA?

That they recognise business talent without the requirement for formal undergraduate education. This is quite common. I did a Masters at Cambridge and a colleague didn't have an undergrad degree, they qualified because of a substantial and relevant professional career.

People mature their thinking at different rates, and through different learning contexts. universities recognise this, particularly at postgrad level.
Thanks but this person did not have what you would call a relevant professional career. In fact they had no professional qualifications at all, just experience in warehouse operations and then sales. I really believe it was the desire for funds that allowed their participation to be confirmed. I would imagine if I had an Oxford Brookes MBA I'd be rather miffed that they'd allow anyone to gain an MBA with absolutely no formal or professional qualifications. Perhaps that's the difference between a full time and part-time MBA.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending