The Student Room Group

2022 AECOM Graduate Scheme

Has anybody been invited to interview yet for the AECOM Graduate Opportunities UK and Ireland? Or know when the invite to interview is or the interview period? Any info basically.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KD111000
Has anybody been invited to interview yet for the AECOM Graduate Opportunities UK and Ireland? Or know when the invite to interview is or the interview period? Any info basically.

Hey, I havent heard anything from them since I´ve done the SJT in November. Have you? I´m a bit confused if I´ve done something wrong in the process, because you can still apply for 2021/2022 schemes online.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by pearlbearl
Hey, I havent heard anything from them since I´ve done the SJT in November. Have you? I´m a bit confused if I´ve done something wrong in the process, because you can still apply for 2021/2022 schemes online.

Hello,

I was just wondering what stage you were at with your application? I only applied for the T&D graduate scheme yesterday and didn't realise they had been accepting applications since November. :s-smilie:
I applied in November and had an interview in December for the Graduate water consulting role and was rejected. But the recruiter emailed me the other day asking if I'd like to be reconsidered for the same role but in a different location and have a interview tomorrow
Original post by PawelPietera
I applied in November and had an interview in December for the Graduate water consulting role and was rejected. But the recruiter emailed me the other day asking if I'd like to be reconsidered for the same role but in a different location and have a interview tomorrow

Oh nice one! I wish you luck with that!

I also have an interview for the T&D scheme next week.

Without asking for unfair specifics, can I ask what the general interview was like? I.e. the usual competency based questions with a few technical ones sprinkled in?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Squire1998
Oh nice one! I wish you luck with that!

I also have an interview for the T&D scheme next week.

Without asking for unfair specifics, can I ask what the general interview was like? I.e. the usual competency based questions with a few technical ones sprinkled in?

Yeah just it was just a standard competency based question interview and like one technical question. It lasted around an hour.
My interview tomorrow tho I have to complete a task they sent me, during interview itself.
Yeah just it was just a standard competency based question interview and like one technical question. It lasted around an hour.
My interview tomorrow tho I have to complete a task they sent me, during interview itself.

Huh, strange how they changed it up for you. Afaik, my interview doesn't have any tasks (at least I sincerely hope not).

Anyway, good luck tomorrow. I am sure you will smash it.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
Hi, how did your interview go? and did you went through online numerical reasoning test as well?

Reply 8
Hi, how did your interview go? did you have any tasks?

Original post by Squire1998
Huh, strange how they changed it up for you. Afaik, my interview doesn't have any tasks (at least I sincerely hope not).

Anyway, good luck tomorrow. I am sure you will smash it.
Original post by LPA000
Hi, how did your interview go? and did you went through online numerical reasoning test as well?

The interview went pretty well, they said they'd get back to me in 7-10 days as they still have interviews to do. I only had the situation judgement test to do with Aecom which I passed and they then offered me an interview. Didn't do no numerical test
Reply 10
The interview went pretty well, they said they'd get back to me in 7-10 days as they still have interviews to do. I only had the situation judgement test to do with Aecom which I passed and they then offered me an interview. Didn't do no numerical test

Do you have another task in an interview? Would you mind telling me a bit about it in general presperctive?
Original post by LPA000
Do you have another task in an interview? Would you mind telling me a bit about it in general presperctive?

I got given a task to do in the 2nd interview but not in the first one. I had to answer some questions that was on the task and talk about it to the 2 interviewers. They gave me 15mins during the interview to do the task . The task was for them to get an idea on what I know about flood risk management and how I'd go about deciding what options are the best.
Reply 12
I got given a task to do in the 2nd interview but not in the first one. I had to answer some questions that was on the task and talk about it to the 2 interviewers. They gave me 15mins during the interview to do the task . The task was for them to get an idea on what I know about flood risk management and how I'd go about deciding what options are the best.

Was it a face to face interview? and do the 10 days past?
Original post by LPA000
Was it a face to face interview? and do the 10 days past?

It was on Microsoft teams and I had in on Friday ,so I should hear back between Friday to Monday coming
I heard back 10 days after the interview and recieved an offer for the graduate water consulting scheme in the Chesterfield office. I accepted it and will start in September
I heard back 10 days after the interview and recieved an offer for the graduate water consulting scheme in the Chesterfield office. I accepted it and will start in September

Congratulations! I recieved an offer and accepted too :smile:
Reply 16
Hi i got offered a water mechanical engineering role in the birmingham AECOM office and I am just wondering how you are finding the position so far. I am going to be starting in September, are there any tips, benefits, things you dont like about the company, etc. and did you get a salary increase at any point? I would really appreciate your response
Original post by Nicolendu
Hi i got offered a water mechanical engineering role in the birmingham AECOM office and I am just wondering how you are finding the position so far. I am going to be starting in September, are there any tips, benefits, things you dont like about the company, etc. and did you get a salary increase at any point? I would really appreciate your response

I'm enjoying the position at the moment, been involved in a range of projects. The team I'm working with is nice and answers any questions I might have although one or 2 people explain things in a way that's sometimes hard to fully understand. Ive had 2 salary increases because they increase graduate salaries 2 times a year based on market value. I like the flexible working that Aecom offers so you can work at home a few days a week then in the office a few days a week.
Reply 18
Do you remember the name of the role you applied for? I am currently still in the process of looking at the contract before I sign, but it didn’t show anything about home working :frown: only on the job advert it says flexible. Were you able to work from home straight away or did you have to wait a few months. My starting salary is £28.5k. Do you mind telling me your current salary and how much it increased by since you started? And how are you finding aecom university? This is the role I got an offer for - https://aecom.jobs/birmingham-gbr/water-electrical-mechanical-graduates-birmingham/0FB9E95FCCEB41B7860AD9EF15265A22/job/

Do you remember the name of the role you applied for or if it is still on the website please? Sorry for all the questions, I just haven’t met anyone that actually works there as a graduate that I can freely talk to.
Original post by Nicolendu
Do you remember the name of the role you applied for? I am currently still in the process of looking at the contract before I sign, but it didn’t show anything about home working :frown: only on the job advert it says flexible. Were you able to work from home straight away or did you have to wait a few months. My starting salary is £28.5k. Do you mind telling me your current salary and how much it increased by since you started? And how are you finding aecom university? This is the role I got an offer for - https://aecom.jobs/birmingham-gbr/water-electrical-mechanical-graduates-birmingham/0FB9E95FCCEB41B7860AD9EF15265A22/job/

Do you remember the name of the role you applied for or if it is still on the website please? Sorry for all the questions, I just haven’t met anyone that actually works there as a graduate that I can freely talk to.

I had to work from home initially until all my work from home kit arrived (monitor,keyboard, chair etc). I applied for the graduate water Consultant role but when filling out the application form I think I had an option to pick 2nd and 3rd choice role options too.
Aecom university is a website which has links to loads of different training, technical and non technical. You have to complete annual training every year on health and safety, Esg and code of conduct. I started on 28k but they increased it to £28,500 a month after I started. Since April, I've been on £29,700 as they upped the salary again due to market value.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending