The Student Room Group

does it detract from a guy's attractiveness if he has nerdy hobbies??

Like playing D&D or pokemon, etc?? like even if they're athletic and active, why would it matter if they are also into RPGs and anime??

asking girls btw ...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Like playing D&D or pokemon, etc?? like even if they're athletic and active, why would it matter if they are also into RPGs and anime??

asking girls btw ...

If it matters to her, she's not the one for you. Personally, I find it endearing. I have nerdy hobbies too. I think hobbies, in general, are endearing. It's nice to see someone passionate about something that isn't driven by monetary gains. If someone found me less attractive because of my hobbies, I would show them the door.
i like them :smile: i think it's cute
Ig it would just depend on whether they shared the same interests as you. I love anime, so if the person I liked also liked anime that would be a massive plus for me. Also, I love hearing people geek out over their interests and I'm sure lots of others do too. It's cute to see someone's face light up with excitement even if I have no idea what they are talking about. If someone were to find you attractive and then suddenly not just because you like nerdy things then they're not rly worth your time anyway.
If anything it only makes them even more attractive
As someone who's also into these things, nope. Why does it even matter anyway, try not to ficus in what other people think. If you like these things, you like them. Dint go changing yourself just for a relationship you'll regret it later on
I'm a big train nerd, but that hasn't stopped me from getting girls.

That's down to my ugly looks and bad personality.
Sometimes it does, depends on the specific girl and her dealbreakers.
Different girls often have very different attraction dealbreakers, beauty standards and relationship preferences.
Just as different guys do.
:mmm:

Original post by gracieee16
i like them :smile: i think it's cute
All hobbies are nerdy to someone.... like asking Qs about a guy online is kinda nerdy?
Nah I'm a girl and I think being nerd is cute. I like D&D and video games too. Plus I'm very appreciate to boys who are "nerd" in it's original meaning(people who like doing brain works and reading books.)
Original post by Lemonadestars
Nah I'm a girl and I think being nerd is cute. I like D&D and video games too. Plus I'm very appreciate to boys who are "nerd" in it's original meaning(people who like doing brain works and reading books.)

I like doing Lego, does that count?
I wouldn't consider that a nerdy hobbie .. I consider that a childish hobbie.

Imagine you walk in and your man's playing Pokémon.
Original post by xox416
I wouldn't consider that a nerdy hobbie .. I consider that a childish hobbie.

Imagine you walk in and your man's playing Pokémon.

but you gotta catch 'em all, ma'am...
Original post by CountBread
but you gotta catch 'em all, ma'am...

What if, you've already caught 'em all?
Having nerdy hobbies only detracts from a man's attractiveness if they then go on to say that women can not be interested in said nerdy hobbies
i.e.
"Why are there no gamer girls who play COD that want to date me 🥺"
"Women are bad gamers go back to the kitchen lol 🤓"

my brother in christ you cannot have both.
Original post by Anonymous

asking girls btw ...

for me, nerdy activities ARE attractive haha. Not a fan of guys that spend all playing call of duty or rainbow six or whatever they play these days. But I love a good JRPG and I definitely went through an anime phase (I think watched about 70 anime lol)
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
:mmm:

:colondollar:
Nerdy hobbies are fine, providing its not taking over everything. Like a person constantly on their phone ignoring their date.
doesnt really matter as long as youre not ugly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending