The Student Room Group

can you still get uni offers with low predicted grades.

can I still get uni offers with low predicted grades. I got BBD
Reply 1
Honestly, it just depends on which university you'd like to attend, and what their entry requirements are.
And what the D grade is in.

How to Avoid 5 Uni Rejections - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections
Not Going to Uni - apprenticeships etc - https://www.notgoingtouni.co.uk/
Reply 3
Original post by TSR student1
can I still get uni offers with low predicted grades. I got BBD

You can apply for a foundation year. And once you get an offer make sure to attend the applicant experience day/ offer holder day as this will increase your chances of getting an unconditional offer. During the day also talk to the lecturers and ask questions. If there is an activity then take part in it so your name is in the system.
Original post by Mavis_S
And once you get an offer make sure to attend the applicant experience day/ offer holder day as this will increase your chances of getting an unconditional offer.

Unis do not make decisions like this based on 'attendance at a Visit Day'.
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
Unis do not make decisions like this based on 'attendance at a Visit Day'.

I'm just saying that as I had a conditional offer and went to the applicant experience day. I was then sent the results of the experiment I did in an email and was congratulated on my unconditional offer which I did not have at the time. The university then sent me an email a month later saying that they want to give me an unconditional offer.

There's no harm in trying as you never know what can happen.
The D is in biology and I want to study psychology at university. Can I apply for universities whose entry requirements are ABB or BBB
Reply 7
Original post by TSR student1
The D is in biology and I want to study psychology at university. Can I apply for universities whose entry requirements are ABB or BBB

You can check if there are universities that offer psychology and have contextual offers or a widening participation programme. That would mean that they could accept you even when you do not meet their official requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest