The Student Room Group

Family accident + exam

I have an exam tomorrow and my dad had an accident (fell off ladder) and is going to hospital, I am scared and I also have a end of year 12 mock exam tomorrow. What do I do, do I still revise and go to the mock exam? I won't be with him in hospital since my mum will be there
Original post by Anonymous
I have an exam tomorrow and my dad had an accident (fell off ladder) and is going to hospital, I am scared and I also have a end of year 12 mock exam tomorrow. What do I do, do I still revise and go to the mock exam? I won't be with him in hospital since my mum will be there

I am just anxious about his health but don't know if it means that I can do the one mock exam that I have tomorrow later on?
I am so scared since he is over 50 and I don't know if I should tell the school
Can anyone provide advice- I am really freaking out right now
If you are really worried and its a serious situation you should tell the school and they might let you re schedule it

Hi there.

Sorry to hear this. Tell your school asap so that they are aware of your circumstance and can make suitable arrangements for your mocks if needs be. If you can't focus on revision now don't force yourself to as your mental health comes first.

I understand you're worried but try to avoid bumping your thread in future.

Hope your dad recovers asap but take care of yourself too.
Best wishes. :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)

Tell the school but do the test :smile:

50 is not old these days
Original post by Spelunker
If you are really worried and its a serious situation you should tell the school and they might let you re schedule it

I am really worried but I don't know how serious the situation is until he gets to hospital, he is in pain though and needs assistance but I have family to do that for him
Original post by Muttley79
Tell the school but do the test :smile:

50 is not old these days

Should I tell them since it could affect my exam. How should I say it in an email?
Should I tell them since it could affect my exam. How should I say it in an email?

Should I email them or tell them on the day? Thanks

Do you want to defer your exam? Personally I would just get on with it - just e-mail and say 'My dad is in hospital after an accident falling from a ladder. I am worried about him and how this might impact my exam performance. I'd like to come in and do the test anyway but would appreciate someone being aware.' or similar.

I know people deal with things in different ways but it might be better to get the exam out of the way - you probably won't be allowed to visit him in hospital as there are still massive restrictions.
Original post by Muttley79
Do you want to defer your exam? Personally I would just get on with it - just e-mail and say 'My dad is in hospital after an accident falling from a ladder. I am worried about him and how this might impact my exam performance. I'd like to come in and do the test anyway but would appreciate someone being aware.' or similar.

I know people deal with things in different ways but it might be better to get the exam out of the way - you probably won't be allowed to visit him in hospital as there are still massive restrictions.

Yes I agree, I want to do the exam just wanted them to know. Thank you so much, you have reduced my anxiety about this situation
Yes I agree, I want to do the exam just wanted them to know. Thank you so much, you have reduced my anxiety about this situation

Try to be there for your mum - see what you can do to help. Many people find carrying on does help as he's in the best place for him to get better :smile:

Look after yourself.
Update: He is still in hospital, bed bound like he has an acute spinal cord injury (I don't know if he has this though, just observation)- please keep him in your prayers
Update: He is still in hospital, bed bound like he has an acute spinal cord injury (I don't know if he has this though, just observation)- please keep him in your prayers

Wishing him a quick recovery. Good luck with your exam.
Original post by black tea
Wishing him a quick recovery. Good luck with your exam.

Thank you :smile:

Hope he makes a speedy and full recovery 🙏

I hope your Dad gets better soon OP. Good luck for your exam. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest