The Student Room Group

Scared as I have covid

I've tested positive today, have a cold right now but scared it will get worse. Any advice I'm very concerned.
Reply 1
covid variants nowadays are literally just colds, especially if you had both vaccines. I had covid a while back when the variants were worse, and I had only got my first vaccine. I had a fever, a headache, a lot of mucus in my throat so it was hard to breath, and I felt a bit dazed. Also my main symptom was a really sore/dry throat and I lost my voice for a month. I thought I had lost it forever and my doctor was worried too, but it eventually did come back. You'll be fine, you're not gonna die and you're probably just gonna get a bit more of a runny nose for 5 days until you stop testing positive. That's what a lot of my friends who have had it recently said, and their cases were no where near as bad as mine.
Original post by Anonymous
I've tested positive today, have a cold right now but scared it will get worse. Any advice I'm very concerned.

I was the same worked in healthcare all through the pandemic and never caught it. A few weeks ago though so tested positive I was fine I’ve had worse colds

You’l be fine
I has the BA2 version and I was asleep for a couple of days. night sweats, bunged up, but that was it. It lasted about 4 days in total.
Original post by Ghostlady
I has the BA2 version and I was asleep for a couple of days. night sweats, bunged up, but that was it. It lasted about 4 days in total.

Did you test negative after day 4?
Original post by Anonymous
Did you test negative after day 4?

No it stayed positive for a couple of days after that. Bear in mind im one of the parents on TSR so older, and overweight lol, and I got through it. So try not to worry too much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest