The Student Room Group

Monzo

Monzo doesn't want to except to open an account for me because i put £0 pound and i chose different countries if I'm going to transfer money to them i don't know what to do i tried to open another account but they still don't allow me what should i do? I really would love to have an account in this bank
Original post by shybutterfly
Monzo doesn't want to except to open an account for me because i put £0 pound and i chose different countries if I'm going to transfer money to them i don't know what to do i tried to open another account but they still don't allow me what should i do? I really would love to have an account in this bank

You would need to contact Monzo directly and ask why you've been declined. It may have nothing to do with the reasons above.
Original post by Admit-One
You would need to contact Monzo directly and ask why you've been declined. It may have nothing to do with the reasons above.

I emailed them and they didn't help me they said they can't change it do you think if I call them (customer service) will it change anything?
Reply 3
If you are a non resident and put a foreign address that is the likely reason. You need to be living in the UK and have a UK address.
Original post by nutz99
If you are a non resident and put a foreign address that is the likely reason. You need to be living in the UK and have a UK address.

But I'm not I live in the UK and i have been in the UK for 7 years and since December 2021 i have been woking a part time is not a lot is only 8 hours a week so I'm not sure why is been declined for. now I'm thinking about calling them i emailed them but i didn't really got an answer why my application is declined all i did was put £0 and i chose around 5 countries that i might transfer money abroad so i'm not sure why like to be honest with you my main reason for this to be able to use the card abroad because i know it doesn't charge any fees abroad
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
But I'm not I live in the UK and i have been in the UK for 7 years and since December 2021 i have been woking a part time is not a lot is only 8 hours a week so I'm not sure why is been declined for. now I'm thinking about calling them i emailed them but i didn't really got an answer why my application is declined all i did was put £0 and i chose around 5 countries that i might transfer money abroad so i'm not sure why like to be honest with you my main reason for this to be able to use the card abroad because i know it doesn't charge any fees abroad

Monzo have had a lot of problems with money laundering. If one of the countries you listed is a known recipient for money laundering it could be that is the reason. Have you looked at Revolut or Starling?
I emailed them and they didn't help me they said they can't change it do you think if I call them (customer service) will it change anything?

If it’s their policy to not give out further info then I don’t think it’ll make any difference, but you’ve got nothing to lose by calling.
Original post by Admit-One
If it’s their policy to not give out further info then I don’t think it’ll make any difference, but you’ve got nothing to lose by calling.

Do you have any idea if I called them will make a difference?
Original post by nutz99
Monzo have had a lot of problems with money laundering. If one of the countries you listed is a known recipient for money laundering it could be that is the reason. Have you looked at Revolut or Starling?

Oh yeah I have heard after they declined mine
Do you have any idea if I called them will make a difference?

Sorry, same answer as above. Probably not, but you’ve nothing to lose by asking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending