The Student Room Group

Work help

I signed up for extra shifts on wednesday and friday this week at primark but I literally forgot it was my leavers party on friday. Obvs I can't do the shift so I'm going to try and speak to my manager about it and apologise and try to get taken off it.

Do you think she'll dismiss me? She's truly not the nicest gal out there
Also what do I do if she says I have to come in anyways?

Its totally my fault I thought the first was the thursday not the friday :frown:
Original post by MariaGonz.22
I signed up for extra shifts on wednesday and friday this week at primark but I literally forgot it was my leavers party on friday. Obvs I can't do the shift so I'm going to try and speak to my manager about it and apologise and try to get taken off it.

Its totally my fault I thought the first was the thursday not the friday :frown:

I'm afraid you'll have to do it. You signed up for the extra shifts.
Original post by MariaGonz.22

Have you considered doing a shift swap maybe with another colleague?
Original post by Mohammed_80

I think they are only to be used for emergencies only.
Original post by ExtinctDino1987
I think they are only to be used for emergencies only.

Not necessarily if there’s an agreement between the both of you there should be no reason why not what would be considered an emergency would be if you called in sick and someone then had to cover your shift.
Original post by Mohammed_80

I would do but I don't know anyone who can cover it i'll probs just end up calling in sick
Original post by ExtinctDino1987
I'm afraid you'll have to do it. You signed up for the extra shifts.

Nah I'd rather quit money is temporary memories are forever lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending