The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Graduation - what to wear?

Hi so I'm due to graduate in a few weeks, I have the robes and hat booked. I'm feeling unsure about what to wear under the robes as the guidelines just say "formal dress". How formal/fancy is enough? Can I wear a summer dress that's not a full-on gown?

Any help would be appreciated :smile:
Just to quickly add the dress I have in mind is dark coloured with no sleeves
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Anonymous
Just to quickly add the dress I have in mind is dark coloured with no sleeves

That sounds fine! Your outfit will be mostly covered by the gown so it doesn't matter too much :smile:
Many congrats :king1: Definitely doesn't need to be a full-length/full-on gown! :nah: My main advice is to colour coordinate with the gown/hood if you're picky about that kinda stuff, and to wear comfy shoes! :yep:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi so I'm due to graduate in a few weeks, I have the robes and hat booked. I'm feeling unsure about what to wear under the robes as the guidelines just say "formal dress". How formal/fancy is enough? Can I wear a summer dress that's not a full-on gown?

Any help would be appreciated :smile:

Hi,

I'm basically reiterating the other replies but dresses-wise, there's a huge range that you can wear. I had my graduation on Tuesday and wore a mini dress, there were lots of others also in mini dresses, but also midi and maxi dresses. You can basically wear whatever you want to, the robes also aren't pinned to your dress so wearing straps isn't an issue either.

Enjoy your graduation!

Davina
MSc Comp Sci
BSc Maths

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending