The Student Room Group

Wimbledon 2022 Thread

Your thread for discussion and debate for Wimbledon 2022. Tell us who you are supporting, give your opinions on matches etc.
Original post by LucaDahse123
Your thread for discussion and debate for Wimbledon 2022. Tell us who you are supporting, give your opinions on matches etc.

The Goat 🐐 Roger Federer is not playing absolute legend 🥺 and there’s no Wimbledon without him. I am supporting Rafael Nadal, and Emma Radacanu 🎾. Emma Radacanu has an excellent opportunity and route to the final, to win her second major grand slam trophy 🏆 and I wish her the best of luck 🤞🏼💯♥️.
GB players are useless. Only 1 women British women left in round 2 I believe?
Original post by GodAtum

They are not useless youth players especially take time to develop learn and aid their game for them to make the first round past the qualifying alone is a massive achievement success does not come overnight it requires time, patience and practice.
Reply 4
Original post by GodAtum

Only one GB player is into round 2 so far but four haven't played yet or are in the middle of matches.
Since Zverev is out of Tennis competitions for months, I support no one. May the best olayer win. Does Djokovic take part? he is my favorite then, who else.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 6
Hoping for Nadal to win
Original post by BVB Fan
Hoping for Nadal to win

Is he your favorite player? he is overwhelming at the clay court, give him his due. The last victory in Wimbledon was in 2010.
I'm enjoying the Wimbledon. Now to get myself back into Tennis!
Reply 9
Original post by Kallisto
Is he your favorite player? he is overwhelming at the clay court, give him his due. The last victory in Wimbledon was in 2010.

Yes. For me he is the goat. Being so dominant on one surface in the the most competitive era of tennis ever, despite injury, seals it for me
Original post by BVB Fan
Yes. For me he is the goat. Being so dominant on one surface in the the most competitive era of tennis ever, despite injury, seals it for me

That is your point, alright. But in total Federer and Djokovic are the best still active players on the tennis courts.
That is your point, alright. But in total Federer and Djokovic are the best still active players on the tennis courts.

Not Federer atm. He old. Also, Nadal is statistically the goat and has reached more finals recently
Original post by BVB Fan
Not Federer atm. He old. Also, Nadal is statistically the goat and has reached more finals recently

Yep, Federer maybe plays some another seasons and will retire then. Despite this he leaves an impressive legacy.
Original post by BVB Fan

Roger Federer the goat 🐐. Never question his legacy and ability. That guy had he kept himself fitter and injury free would have racked up more trophies and grand slam wins.
Original post by Mohammed_80
Roger Federer the goat 🐐. Never question his legacy and ability. That guy had he kept himself fitter and injury free would have racked up more trophies and grand slam wins.

Absolutely my opinion. Maybe he is not in a young age now and won't win wimbledon, but his career is a milestone in Tennis.
Absolutely my opinion. Maybe he is not in a young age now and won't win wimbledon, but his career is a milestone in Tennis.

Yeah I expect him to come back for US and Australia Open and Dominate.
Hope that Nadal will make his 23rd GS win on Wimbledon.
Four German players in round 3 at the women's competition. If just one of these girls come into the quarter finals, it would be fine.
When does the wheelchair tennis start?
Original post by GodAtum
When does the wheelchair tennis start?

Thursday

Quick Reply

Latest