The Student Room Group

Those who did Politics degree after the A-level

Is there any A-level content in the degree (like UK politics, political ideologies, and comparative politics)?
Reply 1
It really depends on the content of the course that your chosen university creates. I go to Exeter Uni, and I've found a lot of the Global Politics unit for A-level was useful in my international relations module (particularly realism and liberalism). There is also some overlap for UK Government where I did a module on the functions of parliament which saw some overlap. Check your chosen uni(s) and their course content to see what sorts of topic(s) you're likely to study.

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Usernamesaredum
Is there any A-level content in the degree (like UK politics, political ideologies, and comparative politics)?

Hi!

As most politics courses at degree level don't require a politics A-Level, you will find some overlap. This will also depend on your chosen universities modules. In my first year I had modules, some of which I chose and some that were compulsory, that had A-Level content on them but at a higher level. You are also expected to do independent research on these subjects. In my second year, I chose a comparative politics module as I enjoyed it at A-Level and wanted to learn more about it.

Good Luck with your studies :smile:

Trinity
Y2 Politics and Sociology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending