The Student Room Group

I'm heavily worried about my future rn, pls help

This is all my fault, there's pretty much nothing I can do, Im in year 10 and I'm having my mocks right, I've revised a bit for this but after doing some of these mocks, I realised I just haven't done well, apparently these mocks decide what sixth form we go to, I've already done so bad, Our school never really explained any of this to us except the week before the mocks, I feel like my whole future has been ruined, you know like my Parents rely so much on me and done so much, idk what to do.
It doesn't matter which sixth form you go to, but now you know how much you need to revise, start revising for the actual GCSEs. Then when you get into whichever sixth form you are in, do well in your Alevels. Also know that now you can bang GCSEs and you might be able to get into a better one during results day. So never give up. Keep trying :hugs: You got this!
study harder starting now
there's prob something u can do abt it
make notes and stuff
Reply 3
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
It doesn't matter which sixth form you go to, but now you know how much you need to revise, start revising for the actual GCSEs. Then when you get into whichever sixth form you are in, do well in your Alevels. Also know that now you can bang GCSEs and you might be able to get into a better one during results day. So never give up. Keep trying :hugs: You got this!

Thanks, I'll try my best! 😁
Original post by yeahwo
This is all my fault, there's pretty much nothing I can do, Im in year 10 and I'm having my mocks right, I've revised a bit for this but after doing some of these mocks, I realised I just haven't done well, apparently these mocks decide what sixth form we go to, I've already done so bad, Our school never really explained any of this to us except the week before the mocks, I feel like my whole future has been ruined, you know like my Parents rely so much on me and done so much, idk what to do.

Your future will be absolutely fine, friend. It hasn’t been ruined. These are good times to reflect on how you can make changes so you don’t feel this way the next time. Don’t be beating yourself up. The whole point of mocks is to see where we need to make changes to help ourselves.

It tells you that may be you need to focus on revision a bit more. I totally agree with @Wannabevetnurse You have absolutely got this 👍
Reply 5
Original post by ACKI506
Your future will be absolutely fine, friend. It hasn’t been ruined. These are good times to reflect on how you can make changes so you don’t feel this way the next time. Don’t be beating yourself up. The whole point of mocks is to see where we need to make changes to help ourselves.

It tells you that may be you need to focus on revision a bit more. I totally agree with @Wannabevetnurse You have absolutely got this 👍

Thanks for the advice, I'm definitely going to reflect on this, and do my best next time, thanks friend! 😁
Don’t worry and stress. No one cares about what sixth form you go to, what matters are the A level results you get and if you work hard you can get good grades regardless of the quality of sixth form you attend. So don’t deep it, your future isn’t ruined in the slightest, smash your A levels and go to a great uni!
Original post by yeahwo

Wait, these mocks decide your sixth form?!
I should have revised! :lol:

Anyhow, the sixth form you go to doesn't really matter.
Original post by sufys
Wait, these mocks decide your sixth form?!
I should have revised! :lol:

Anyhow, the sixth form you go to doesn't really matter.

They don't really decide. But getting into a sixth form during results day is harder work and you may struggle to find a space.
Reply 9
Original post by Son of the Sea
Don’t worry and stress. No one cares about what sixth form you go to, what matters are the A level results you get and if you work hard you can get good grades regardless of the quality of sixth form you attend. So don’t deep it, your future isn’t ruined in the slightest, smash your A levels and go to a great uni!

Yeah , I just wanted to be in my school's sixth form, but yeah i guess your right, the actual a levels matter, thanks friend!
its just revision right, not the actual GCSE exam? your whole future is definitely not ruined. take your time, it's going to be okay
you can't really ruin your future with year 10 mocks. you have a year to get up to scratch

Quick Reply

Latest