The Student Room Group

job interview advice

Hello,

I was recently offered a job interview by Holland and Barrett! I'm very grateful since I have been applying to many part-time jobs since the start of June and my hope didn't fail me.

I'm going to need to bring some documentation along with me for the interview but besides from that I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to ace the job interview? I would very much like to work with them. The interview isn't until Saturday so I've got some time to mentally prepare myself.

Many thanks in advance!
Original post by hyacinth77
Hello,

I was recently offered a job interview by Holland and Barrett! I'm very grateful since I have been applying to many part-time jobs since the start of June and my hope didn't fail me.

I'm going to need to bring some documentation along with me for the interview but besides from that I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to ace the job interview? I would very much like to work with them. The interview isn't until Saturday so I've got some time to mentally prepare myself.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi there.

Congrats on your interview!

Remember to smile often and maintain good eye contact to help show your interest. Also try to demonstrate you have useful skills associated with the role, like good communication/team work skills and organisation, from things like EPQ and extra curricular activities like sports, volunteering and D of E.

Hope this helps and good luck with the interview! :smile:
Best wishes.
(edited 1 year ago)
Well with any job interview whether youre likeable is a big deal. Smile, be high energy and generally be pleasant.
Have examples of usual competency questions about time management and any examples of customer care, this could be things as simple as helping out at school on open days. :smile: But any jobs are even better.

I dont think you should be worried.

Good luck :smile:
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

Congrats on your interview!

Remember to smile often and maintain good eye contact to help show your interest. Also try to demonstrate you have useful skills associated with the role, like good communication/team work skills and organisation, from things like EPQ and extra curricular activities like sports, volunteering and D of E.

Hope this helps and good luck with the interview! :smile:
Best wishes.

Thank you so much :smile:
Original post by Zürich
Well with any job interview whether youre likeable is a big deal. Smile, be high energy and generally be pleasant.
Have examples of usual competency questions about time management and any examples of customer care, this could be things as simple as helping out at school on open days. :smile: But any jobs are even better.

I dont think you should be worried.

Good luck :smile:

Thank you!
Reply 5
Positive energy and appearing personable, flexible and reliable are likely to be the most important things. As usual do a bit of company research, be able to mention some of the product range you love and have an example or two in your mind of working well in a team, dealing with a difficult person and providing good service.

Seriously though if you are enthusiastic it should be like falling off a log, retail is struggling to recruit. Not a bad working environment either. Good luck.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Zarek
Positive energy and appearing personable, flexible and reliable are likely to be the most important things. As usual do a bit of company research, be able to mention some of the product range you love and have an example or two in your mind of working well in a team, dealing with a difficult person and providing good service.

Seriously though if you are enthusiastic it should be like falling off a log, retail is struggling to recruit. Not a bad working environment either. Good luck.

Many thanks, I actually do like quite a few of their skincare products :smile:
Take a dump mid interview to assert dominance
Original post by Thisismyunitsr
Take a dump mid interview to assert dominance

I'll take this with a massive pinch of salt.

Did make me chuckle a bit though :smile:
Original post by hyacinth77
I'll take this with a massive pinch of salt.

Did make me chuckle a bit though :smile:

No. I am serious. It is the ticket to a good job. Try it and report back on your findings, like a science experiment. :smile:
Original post by Thisismyunitsr
No. I am serious. It is the ticket to a good job. Try it and report back on your findings, like a science experiment. :smile:

I don't think I'm brave enough. I'll think about it though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending