The Student Room Group

I leave my boyfriend on read because he replies slow and tells me he's "too busy"

Am I toxic for doing that?

Context: I texted him asking if he wanted to call today, and he replied after 6 hours I sent my last message. When he texted back, he apologized for not being able to call because he was busy. I saw the messages but didn't want to reply to him.
Original post by Anonymous

Context: I texted him asking if he wanted to call today, and he replied after 6 hours I sent my last message. When he texted back, he apologized for not being able to call because he was busy. I saw the messages but didn't want to reply to him.

No you ain’t toxic for doing that, you made the effort to contact him, he should prioritise you to the top of his extent at the very least and communication is a key trait for a relationship so that it flows regular communication every 3-4 hours is great and if he is not bothered to make the effort why is he apologising only to make it up to you in fact he should be more with the enthusiasm, and desire in wanting to talk just as you are.
He said he was busy and apologised, so yes, you are kinda being toxic. Unless you are both just toxic to each other.
Reply 3
Is he at school or work during those hours?
Original post by toxicgamage56
He said he was busy and apologised, so yes, you are kinda being toxic. Unless you are both just toxic to each other.

u toxic

Yes, you are. He said he was busy and apologised for it, your behaviour was unnecessary and silly.
Pretty toxic and childish lol.
How mature of you...are you sure you're ready to be in a relationship?
Original post by PossiblyNotGod
u toxic

:wink:
Reply 9
Depending on why you are ignoring him. Do you want him to feel bad? Is it almost a way to punish him? If it’s a way to convey your anger, are there more effective to do that, such vocalising your feelings and boundaries? But if you just don’t feel like replying then that’s fine; you don’t owe him a response.

I don’t believe in calling you immature because your feelings are valid. However, it’s important for you to work through it and see whether your actions are self-destructive and actually serve the purpose you want it to serve.

(All those self-help books I was reading during exam season are finally coming in handy).
replying after 6 hours isn't that long (to me). My family doesn't even look at my messages until 1 day later

It's a petty thing to do. If you have an issue with how long it takes him to reply, the best way to get your point across is just by telling him. Playing games won't work.
Break up, he deserves someone mature and not a little kid who plays childish games 😂😂

"replies too late" hahahahaha what a joke, grow up
i assume he was the one who asked you out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending