The Student Room Group
Yes, but Clearing is risky - you may not get the course/Uni you want and it will all be very last minute.
And you will have another year of student debt.
If you want to go to a new university then you must apply through ucas.
At this time of year that means when you apply you’ll be using clearing.

Don’t forget to include a FULL education history (your current course and your pre university qualifications).
@livloo21 Clearing will open on 5th July 2022 via UCAS, so you could wait and see if the course is being offered through clearing.

Because it's a transfer it's possible you won't have to go through clearing. Email the admissions team of the university you want to apply to, with your full name, student/UCAS ID, date of birth, what you are accepted for now, and what you want to change it to and why. They may also require you to write a new personal statement. Perhaps ring the admissions team first and ask them if you can do it this way.

I hope this helps and that you are provided with a smooth transfer.

- Rosie
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by hallamstudents
@livloo21 Clearing will open on 5th July 2022 via UCAS, so you could wait and see if the course is being offered through clearing.

Because it's a transfer it's possible you won't have to go through clearing. Email the admissions team of the university you want to apply to, with your full name, student/UCAS ID, date of birth, what you are accepted for now, and what you want to change it to and why. They may also require you to write a new personal statement, but I believe you can do this directly via email instead of having to go through UCAS. Perhaps ring the admissions team first and ask them if you can do it this way.

I hope this helps and that you are provided with a smooth transfer.

- Rosie

Universities have a contract with ucas stating that all applications must go through ucas for full time undergraduate courses.

There’s no way to apply via email. All applications have to go through ucas eventually - it’s much easier if applicants apply to ucas from the start instead of trying to bypass it.
Original post by livloo21
I'm going into my 2nd year but I am thinking about changing courses...my current uni doesn't offer the course I am thinking of doing so I would have to go to a different uni. Can I still go through clearing for this or is the process different?

Hi, my name is Abby and I am a student ambassador at Bishop Grosseteste University in Lincoln. I was in a similar situation at the end of my 1st year; I wasn't happy on my course and wanted to switch to another. I was lucky that my university did the course I wanted to switch to, but I was made aware of what to do if I wanted to switch universities. The best thing to do is talk to your course leader/personal tutor about it; they know who to get in contact with to start the process for you. It's normally quite a stressful time for the student, so let the faculty take over to ensure the process is done correctly. They are there to help you!

Hope this helps and good luck with everything.
Original post by PQ
Universities have a contract with ucas stating that all applications must go through ucas for full time undergraduate courses.

There’s no way to apply via email. All applications have to go through ucas eventually - it’s much easier if applicants apply to ucas from the start instead of trying to bypass it.

Hey,

Whilst that is true it is also a good idea to contact the University directly beforehand as they will ask to check that the modules/credits you have received from your current course can be transferred. Ideally you would do both at the same time but without knowing you are eligible to transfer completing the UCAS side of things can be a bit of a pain.

- LT
Original post by CCCUOfficial
Hey,

Whilst that is true it is also a good idea to contact the University directly beforehand as they will ask to check that the modules/credits you have received from your current course can be transferred. Ideally you would do both at the same time but without knowing you are eligible to transfer completing the UCAS side of things can be a bit of a pain.

- LT

Please check post dates before bumping old threads.

Edit: PQ was specifically replying to someone advising to try and apply via email, not informally enquiring about suitability.
(edited 9 months ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending