The Student Room Group

Fifth year of finance

Hey there!

In 2020 I did my first year in Marketing, however I decided to switch courses the year after to Computer Science. Both of these years are covered in student finance.

Now, due to mental health reasons, I won’t be able to complete my assignments, which means I will have to repeat the year. I would love to restart my studies in this same course but I am scared that I won’t be able to do so without student finance.

Is there anyway I can continue to get student finance?

Thank you very much!
Original post by dexbestudying
Hey there!

In 2020 I did my first year in Marketing, however I decided to switch courses the year after to Computer Science. Both of these years are covered in student finance.

Now, due to mental health reasons, I won’t be able to complete my assignments, which means I will have to repeat the year. I would love to restart my studies in this same course but I am scared that I won’t be able to do so without student finance.

Is there anyway I can continue to get student finance?

Thank you very much!

Hi there,

You can apply for an additional year of Tuition Fee Loan for your repeat year under Compelling Personal Reasons, as you will only be awarded the Maintenance Loan due to your previous study. We can accept a letter from your GP or University that confirms what happened, when this happened and how this affected your studies. You can upload this evidence to your online account with a cover letter to advise you wish to apply for the additional year due to your Compelling Personal Reasons.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending