The Student Room Group

Covid

I’ve been in the health section of this place quite a lot recently :redface:

If you’ve seen any of my other posts from the last couple of weeks, you’ll know that I’ve been struggling with my mental health. And now my parents - the only people supporting me through this irl - both have covid.

So far, I’ve been absolutely fine in terms of symptoms, but they’re worried about how the impact of both of them isolating might affect my mental health. They want me to make a choice and I’m not sure - do I stay away from them and risk my mental health, or just accept it and live with them as normal, pretty much guaranteeing that I’ll get covid?

Bear in mind that I’m pretty scared of covid :s-smilie: but I’m not sure whether it’s worse to get covid or struggle with depression.
Could you not live with them but wear a mask, wash more often, sanitise everything?
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
Could you not live with them but wear a mask, wash more often, sanitise everything?

That’s what they’re suggesting but tbh I think I’m gonna get covid no matter what I do at this point
Original post by RushingRiver
That’s what they’re suggesting but tbh I think I’m gonna get covid no matter what I do at this point

Have you got the vaccine
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
Have you got the vaccine

Two doses, yeah. My parents are fully vaccinated as well (I think they have three?) but they’re still quite ill with it so I’m not feeling hopeful!
I’ve been in the health section of this place quite a lot recently :redface:

If you’ve seen any of my other posts from the last couple of weeks, you’ll know that I’ve been struggling with my mental health. And now my parents - the only people supporting me through this irl - both have covid.

So far, I’ve been absolutely fine in terms of symptoms, but they’re worried about how the impact of both of them isolating might affect my mental health. They want me to make a choice and I’m not sure - do I stay away from them and risk my mental health, or just accept it and live with them as normal, pretty much guaranteeing that I’ll get covid?

Bear in mind that I’m pretty scared of covid :s-smilie: but I’m not sure whether it’s worse to get covid or struggle with depression.

Follow the guidelines set out by the NHS about living with somebody who has COVID.

Is it safe to live in the same house as someone with COVID-19.....
People who live in the same household as someone with COVID-19 are at the highest risk of becoming infected because they are most likely to have prolonged close contact. People who stayed overnight in the household of someone with COVID-19 while they were infectious are also at high risk.

https://www.nhs.uk conditions
How to avoid spreading coronavirus (COVID-19) to people you live with - NHS
Original post by Tracey_W
Follow the guidelines set out by the NHS about living with somebody who has COVID.

Is it safe to live in the same house as someone with COVID-19.....
People who live in the same household as someone with COVID-19 are at the highest risk of becoming infected because they are most likely to have prolonged close contact. People who stayed overnight in the household of someone with COVID-19 while they were infectious are also at high risk.

https://www.nhs.uk conditions
How to avoid spreading coronavirus (COVID-19) to people you live with - NHS

Thank you :smile:
My parents are trying to stay away from me where possible as they know it’s high risk, but I’m still quite dependent on them so some contact is inevitable :frown:
Thank you :smile:
My parents are trying to stay away from me where possible as they know it’s high risk, but I’m still quite dependent on them so some contact is inevitable :frown:

You are welcome 🙂🙂

Just take precautions around your parents by perhaps using face coverings and if necessary use PPE to limit any chances of yourself catching it and they getting worse.

Obviously contact is inevitable but try your best to do this until they get better hopefully in coming days okay x
Original post by Tracey_W
You are welcome 🙂🙂

Just take precautions around your parents by perhaps using face coverings and if necessary use PPE to limit any chances of yourself catching it and they getting worse.

Obviously contact is inevitable but try your best to do this until they get better hopefully in coming days okay x

I will do, thank you x :hugs:
I will do, thank you x :hugs:

No worries 😊😊😊 hugs back to you

Quick Reply

Latest