The Student Room Group

Do y’all think this girl is a catfish? (Pics)

This is Katarina Deme, she is a female celebrity. I would always see her photos and be like wow this is the most beauttiful girl I have ever seen in my life, like unrealistically pretty. But irl I think she looks a bit different but still pretty but a lot of people are saying irl she looks quite basic.

Would you guys say she is a catfish meaning does she look worse irl or is she just as beautiful (does she look the same)?

Spoiler

Left is irl, right are her ig photos
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

and be honest
I doubt that she is a catfish.
Probably just a celebrity who nearly always wears heavy makeup and hair extensions.
Plus has most/all of her photos heavily photoedited to avoid the accidental release of unflattering images that may damage her reputation or the value of her brand.
Original post by londonmyst
I doubt that she is a catfish.
Probably just a celebrity who nearly always wears heavy makeup and hair extensions.
Plus has most/all of her photos heavily photoedited to avoid the accidental release of unflattering images that may damage her reputation or the value of her brand.

in the photos left is irl and right is her instagram photos, so you think she looks the same?
Original post by theendisnear
in the photos left is irl and right is her instagram photos, so you think she looks the same?

She looks quite similar.
Allowing for different lighting, lower resolution images, different makeup and hairstyle or highlights.
Would you guys say she is a catfish meaning does she look worse irl or is she just as beautiful (does she look the same)?

I think you're going to get some very confusing replies, seeing as you've provided you own definition of the word "catfish" which is different to how most people would use the word.

From the Urban Dictionary (and how most people would use the word):
A fake or stolen online identity created or used for the purposes of beginning a deceptive relationship.

Your definition (from your post)
look worse irl
Original post by DataVenia
I think you're going to get some very confusing replies, seeing as you've provided you own definition of the word "catfish" which is different to how most people would use the word.

From the Urban Dictionary (and how most people would use the word):

Your definition (from your post)

Majority of people when they use the word catfish is when a girl looks worse irl bro
Majority of people when they use the word catfish is when a girl looks worse irl bro

Majority of people probably mean the actual fish.

Granted, in slang, I've never seen it referred to as a "girl looking worse", only what the other user said about deception, most typically someone posing as someone else of the opposite sex on social media to deceive someone as a troll/humiliation/manipulation event.
Lmao catfish is when someone looks completely different irl.
Nah I don't think she's a catfish. She just wears A LOT of makeup which makes her look completely different
Hang on I'll get my rod and reel.
She's on Disney's red carpet and doesn't look like her instagram.

Bring some butter when she hooks you
No.
no it's the way she poses/lighting/photoshop
No.
I thought catfishing meant making a fake profile using a third person on a dating app in order to troll people.
Reply 15
This is Katarina Deme, she is a female celebrity. I would always see her photos and be like wow this is the most beauttiful girl I have ever seen in my life, like unrealistically pretty. But irl I think she looks a bit different but still pretty but a lot of people are saying irl she looks quite basic.

Spoiler

no. catfish = someone lying about their identity, not someone using filters.

i'll tell you why she looks different on her insta pictures lol. once you've seen it enough times you'll be able to tell who uses it and who doesn't. and that is faceapp. it edits your pics in a very specific way. that's why a lot of insta models look sorta similar in terms of their facial structure. obviously it's make up too, and often fillers/or surgery plus most of them are naturally pretty, like this girl. but faceapp gives you that wow/almost unrealistic beauty factor
I would always see her photos and be like wow this is the most beauttiful girl I have ever seen in my life, like unrealistically pretty.

wow really? lets see her without the 1000 layers of make up first. cos even with it shes not that great. she looks like that erika costell puffer-lipped person. some people find that look attractive ig but honestly i do find it basic as hell, theres literally so many naturally beautiful girls out there.
Original post by hello1999
wow really? lets see her without the 1000 layers of make up first. cos even with it shes not that great. she looks like that erika costell puffer-lipped person. some people find that look attractive ig but honestly i do find it basic as hell, theres literally so many naturally beautiful girls out there.

I absolutely despite the plastic look but this girl doesn't look plastic, it's just to the point where it doesn't look plastic (in her photos not irl). In this picture she's probably top 10 best looking women I have ever seen in my life:

Spoiler

Exceptional to the say the least and my standards are extreamly high, I find 99% of girls ugly/average so this is a lot from me lol

Spoiler

Why do you even care lol considering you’re also a girl I’m getting second hand embarrassment for you I’m just gonna leave 😂
Reply 19

if this is correct, then i don't think she is a catfish.

in the first set of pictures she looks better irl (left picture better than right picture).
same thing in the last set of pictures

my opinion of course :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest