The Student Room Group

Are you planning to go on holiday this Summer? Where have you been on holiday before?

I’ve been to England and Wales on holiday before. Where have you been?

Scroll to see replies

Wales
Reply 2
Been all over. this year I have already been to Florence and belfast. Might try to sneak in Venice before the year is out. back to belfast in October.
Original post by StupidMan12345
I’ve been to England and Wales on holiday before. Where have you been?

Not this summer. I’m going this winter though after Christmas.
I won't go on holiday overseas or travel by airplane until the pandemic is over.

I live in England and have been to: Alderney, Austria, Belgium, Belize, Brecqhou, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jamaica, Liechtenstein, Malta, Monaco, The Netherlands, Norway, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Spain, St Kitts & Nevis, Sark, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad & Tobago, Wales.
Original post by londonmyst
I won't go on holiday overseas or travel by airplane until the pandemic is over.

I live in England and have been to: Alderney, Austria, Belgium, Belize, Brecqhou, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jamaica, Liechtenstein, Malta, Monaco, The Netherlands, Norway, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Spain, St Kitts & Nevis, Sark, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad & Tobago, Wales.

What’s your experience of Netherlands 🇳🇱?
Original post by Mohammed_80
What’s your experience of Netherlands 🇳🇱?

Absolutely dreadful.
I'm never going back.
Far too many drug dealers targeting fluent english speaking tourists in parks.
Even the underage deemed too young to be legally able to purchase electronic cigarettes without nicotine.
Absolutely dreadful.
I'm never going back.
Far too many drug dealers targeting fluent english speaking tourists in parks.
Even the underage deemed too young to be legally able to purchase electronic cigarettes without nicotine.

Whaaaaaat I’m going there to spend my Christmas holiday do you think it’s erm worth going :eek:.
Whaaaaaat I’m going there to spend my Christmas holiday do you think it’s erm worth going :eek:.

It's all life experience that could be helpful for the future.
Always trust your gut instinct.

I wouldn't go but I'm a female travelling alone who has zero tolerance for illegal narcotics or those that directly fuel the horrifying industry with their cash or practical support.

Look up the areas that you will be visiting to find out other tourists experiences and get recommendations of the safest venues to visit that are most compatible with your interests & lifestyle preferences.
Listen to what your common sense is telling you if you get the feeling that a neighbourhood has a problematic reputation or is a safe haven for illegal narcotics gangs capable of wreaking havoc.
Good luck!
It's all life experience that could be helpful for the future.
Always trust your gut instinct.

I wouldn't go but I'm a female travelling alone who has zero tolerance for illegal narcotics or those that directly fuel the horrifying industry with their cash or practical support.

Look up the areas that you will be visiting to find out other tourists experiences and get recommendations of the safest venues to visit that are most compatible with your interests & lifestyle preferences.
Listen to what your common sense is telling you if you get the feeling that a neighbourhood has a problematic reputation or is a safe haven for illegal narcotics gangs capable of wreaking havoc.
Good luck!

Thank you :smile:.

I’m guessing a few of these were in the same trip. There’s no way you could’ve visited all of those in separate trips. There’s well over 25 places listed there.
Original post by StupidMan12345
I’m guessing a few of these were in the same trip. There’s no way you could’ve visited all of those in separate trips. There’s well over 25 places listed there.

Separate trips over the last 15 years.
Pre-pandemic I used to choose holiday destinations based on being able to easily visit friends living nearby, sample local cuisine compatible with my diet and opportunities to photograph interesting scenes & local wildlife rarely seen within the uk.
England, Scotland, Wales, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Iceland, France, Belgium, Spain, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenagro, Czech Republic, Greece, Cyprus, Malta, Turkey, Dubai, Nepal, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Japan, Philippines, Australia, New Zealand. Many of these places visited more than once. (I'm in my 50s and have lived and worked overseas a couple of times.)

This year - Germany with possibly a trip over the border to Austria
(edited 1 year ago)

I spent Christmas in and around Amsterdam many years ago. It was lovely. Every country has a darker side - you just have to be aware and avoid some areas. Do some research before you go - I use travel guides such as Lonely Planet and Rough Guide. They are often available in local libraries.
Original post by normaw
I spent Christmas in and around Amsterdam many years ago. It was lovely. Every country has a darker side - you just have to be aware and avoid some areas. Do some research before you go - I use travel guides such as Lonely Planet and Rough Guide. They are often available in local libraries.

Thank you I’ve booked my tickets and flight for the next day after Christmas (Boxing Day) to go for 4 nights.
I've been to Dominican Republic, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Spain, France and Mexico. I've just turned 18 last month so I'm really looking forward to travelling more, I've just got back from Egypt, I have Majorca booked for September, Dominican Republic booked for January but I'm torn where to go for my birthday in May. The ideas I have of where to go are Maldives, Mauritius or Dubai but I'm hoping someone in this chat can give me some advice, thank you!
no, no holiday this year
and ive never been on holiday before either :redface:
Original post by Obolinda
no, no holiday this year
and ive never been on holiday before either :redface:

Do you have plans to travel overseas after covid is over in your late teens or 20s?
Do you have plans to travel overseas after covid is over in your late teens or 20s?

no not really.
seems like a lot of faff for little return. for me, personally
I'm off to Cannich (or alternatively, somewhere else in the highlands) by the 20th of July for some hiking (1-2 weeks worth... that's a good 2-3 4-nighters) and then off to Madeira for 3 weeks in September to see my long-distance lass.

Nowadays all I do is explore Scots, or go to Madeira. Historically I've been to France, Germany, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Poland, Japan, and a few others.

Quick Reply

Latest