The Student Room Group

Tesco application

I have applied for health and beauty at tesco and I did the online assesment and I have passed it I have not got a reply yet but on the status page they have said that I am unsuccessful does that mean I did not get the job even though I passed the assesment 🥺
Original post by Areebah848
I have applied for health and beauty at tesco and I did the online assesment and I have passed it I have not got a reply yet but on the status page they have said that I am unsuccessful does that mean I did not get the job even though I passed the assesment 🥺

I always thought that unsuccessful meant excatly what you said about not getting the job although you passed the online assessment questionnaire.

Although you did pass the online assessment questionnaire it's doesn't assure you get a interview or even if you thinking you did okay with the interview, the online application and assessment as must have been something that they thought you weren't good enough on this occasion.

I would suggest that you continue applying for jobs with Tesco but not the same job reference numbers as not allowed.

Unfortunately as a team leader and stand in supervisor as required with Tesco I have seen people doing very well with all the process of the application but yet still don't get offered a job but they keep trying until eventually they are successful in getting one.
Yes, sadly this means that you haven't been successful. It can be depressing at times, but I assure you if you keep sending in your applications you'll eventually get an interview/job!

I started applying for jobs in the beginning of June and didn't get a single interview until a couple of days ago. My interview is tomorrow afternoon (which I'm quite scared about) but I think it's a good sign :smile:

Please don't give up. Competition is fierce at the moment, just keep going!

Wishing you all the best.
Original post by hyacinth77
Yes, sadly this means that you haven't been successful. It can be depressing at times, but I assure you if you keep sending in your applications you'll eventually get an interview/job!

I started applying for jobs in the beginning of June and didn't get a single interview until a couple of days ago. My interview is tomorrow afternoon (which I'm quite scared about) but I think it's a good sign :smile:

Please don't give up. Competition is fierce at the moment, just keep going!

Wishing you all the best.

Good luck with your interview tomorrow with Tesco xx
Nothing to be scared about ok.

Yes it can take many attempts to get a job with Tesco but also with any retailers.
Reply 4
Original post by Tracey_W
I always thought that unsuccessful meant excatly what you said about not getting the job although you passed the online assessment questionnaire.

Although you did pass the online assessment questionnaire it's doesn't assure you get a interview or even if you thinking you did okay with the interview, the online application and assessment as must have been something that they thought you weren't good enough on this occasion.

I would suggest that you continue applying for jobs with Tesco but not the same job reference numbers as not allowed.

Unfortunately as a team leader and stand in supervisor as required with Tesco I have seen people doing very well with all the process of the application but yet still don't get offered a job but they keep trying until eventually they are successful in getting one.

Spoiler

Reply 5
Yes Thankyou so much I have applied for a new job and I have passed the assesment and my status for that job is in process so the application is under review. And I hope I get this job because I really need it right now and any job I apply for I always get rejected so praying for this one 🥺🙂🥺

Spoiler

You are welcome ☺️☺️
Yes Thankyou so much I have applied for a new job and I have passed the assesment and my status for that job is in process so the application is under review. And I hope I get this job because I really need it right now and any job I apply for I always get rejected so praying for this one 🥺🙂🥺

Hopefully you will be more successful this time with it being under review 🙂
Is it with Tesco or somewhere else..?

Being rejected is just part of life and eventually you do succeed okay.
Good luck with your interview tomorrow with Tesco xx
Nothing to be scared about ok.

Yes it can take many attempts to get a job with Tesco but also with any retailers.

Hiya,

The interview I've got today isn't actually with Tesco, but another retailer Holland and Barrett.

Sorry if I caused any confusion.
Reply 9
Hopefully you will be more successful this time with it being under review 🙂
Is it with Tesco or somewhere else..?

Being rejected is just part of life and eventually you do succeed okay.

Thankyou and yes it is with tesco
Thankyou and yes it is with tesco

Thanks 🙏

Hopefully you'll be successful with it ☺️☺️

Let's know how you get on okay 🙂
Original post by hyacinth77
Hiya,

The interview I've got today isn't actually with Tesco, but another retailer Holland and Barrett.

Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Thanks for your explanation but I took it you were applying for Tesco with not saying anything else.

No need to say sorry as I think that we are both just as bad as one another by not explaining better as I just presumed that you was applying for Tesco okay 🙂.....

Anyway hope that your interview went well and you get good news x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending