The Student Room Group

Scared of failing as results day approaches

Hi guys, I'm in my final year and I'm pretty sure I failed hard at one of the modules, I talked to two of my friends and they also thought they failed, so I thought this was just a hard exam and had hopes for scaling. However, last week we got an email saying that the average mark for exam was 60, so I'm sure me and my friends were the only ones failing. We can fail two modules without resits, but I had two other hard exams which I probably just barely passed. I was confident that I passed after I finished, but as days go by I start to get more and more anxious that I failed all three modules and that I won't be able to apply to postgrad (I didn't apply this year). Results day is soon and I guess there's no point worrying now, but this week I really can't eat or sleep, and even when I'm doing my part-time job I feel awful and unmotivated because of this...
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys, I'm in my final year and I'm pretty sure I failed hard at one of the modules, I talked to two of my friends and they also thought they failed, so I thought this was just a hard exam and had hopes for scaling. However, last week we got an email saying that the average mark for exam was 60, so I'm sure me and my friends were the only ones failing. We can fail two modules without resits, but I had two other hard exams which I probably just barely passed. I was confident that I passed after I finished, but as days go by I start to get more and more anxious that I failed all three modules and that I won't be able to apply to postgrad (I didn't apply this year). Results day is soon and I guess there's no point worrying now, but this week I really can't eat or sleep, and even when I'm doing my part-time job I feel awful and unmotivated because of this...

Uni exams?
Uni exams?

Yup
Hope that your thoughts and feelings are wrong and you succeed. Stop being nervous, you have nothing to do only wait your results. You will definitely do it, succeed and achieve your dreams and goals
Hope that your thoughts and feelings are wrong and you succeed. Stop being nervous, you have nothing to do only wait your results. You will definitely do it, succeed and achieve your dreams and goals

Thank you!
Reply 5
Don't think about it now.

If it has gone wrong a bit well it is a temporary blip - you still have the rest of your life ahead and won't let it stop you following your dreams.
Original post by Cote1
Don't think about it now.

If it has gone wrong a bit well it is a temporary blip - you still have the rest of your life ahead and won't let it stop you following your dreams.

Thank you, but life seems so long to me and I'm scared that I will never have any luck:/
Reply 7
Thank you, but life seems so long to me and I'm scared that I will never have any luck:/

You can make your own luck. :smile:
Original post by Cote1
You can make your own luck. :smile:

I don't believe in myself:/
Reply 9
I don't believe in myself:/

Time to build some self-belief and stop worrying.
Original post by Cote1
Time to build some self-belief and stop worrying.

I try, but it just seems that I will always mess something up
Reply 11
I try, but it just seems that I will always mess something up

:smile: Everyone messes up. I mess up regularly.
My old boss said to me once...
'The man who never made mistakes never made anything'.

I messed up first time at university then went back later on.
Original post by Cote1
:smile: Everyone messes up. I mess up regularly.
My old boss said to me once...
'The man who never made mistakes never made anything'.

I messed up first time at university then went back later on.

Well done! That really takes courage. I hope I can have the same spirit then :smile:

Sorry to hear that you have lots of worries about results day. I understand just how stressful the build-up to results day can be with lots of different emotions coming up.

Firstly, well done on finishing your exams this is incredible. Wishing you the best of luck.

- Grace (Student Minds)
Update: Don't worry so much about grades guys. I didn't fail anything and I graduated with a first:smile:
Update: Don't worry so much about grades guys. I didn't fail anything and I graduated with a first:smile:

AMAZING!! Well done for everything you've achieved, I hope you're out celebrating today!

Ayy, well done! Wishing you all the best in the future
Original post by StudentMinds Rep
AMAZING!! Well done for everything you've achieved, I hope you're out celebrating today!

Thank you hehe!
Original post by anniisa97
Ayy, well done! Wishing you all the best in the future

Thank you!!
I made this short blog which takes 3 mins to read about failure and how it is a mental game. https://medium.com/@naimurrahmankhan04/3-reasons-why-we-fear-failure-how-to-overcome-failure-74224584c359
It applies to you guys who are getting results and it would be helpful in the future too. Please read and follow me for more tips!

Quick Reply

Latest