The Student Room Group

Is it true, bullies do well in life?

I've heard cases where persons ex-bully is well off or in a high flying job.

Scroll to see replies

I don't care enough about them to find out where they are in life.
Some bullies are intelligent people - therefore they can thrive in life.
I mean I dont think its fair to say that bullies tend to be successful in life from 1 example. But I would see a small correlation with how being street smart will affect your chances of getting a good job. Doesnt necessarily guarantee it though
Original post by hungrysalamander
I don't care enough about them to find out where they are in life.

PRSOM.

Original post by gtty123
Some bullies are intelligent people - therefore they can thrive in life.

^
Exactly the same as it would be for most other categories of people.
Only if people let them get away with it 😉😉 they will get places

Standing up to bullies in the work place does help especially when the so called bullies Don't like getting answered back to.
There's always a way to deal with those bullies.
Some do, some don't. Like all other humans.
It depends how you define 'doing well in life'.
Sometimes they appear to experience some material success over the short to medium term.

Nobody can have it all or be guaranteed constant happiness for their entire lifetime.
There is always a bigger bully out there, often younger and more vicious.
What goes around comes around and there are plenty of sadistic troublemakers with almost no morals in the world.

A vicious bully's good luck will eventually run out, no matter how much money or good fortune they have previously enjoyed.
One day the tide will turn and all that will be left for them will be reminders & memories of the good times.
Past academic or career achievements, close friendships long over, employment that they enjoyed, entertaining hobbies that they can no longer do, financial successes, good health, years of happiness, positive relationships with former partners or estranged relatives, vast wealth.
I believe that karma never forgets anyone and all karmic overdrafts will one day be repaid.
well, i hope all bullies have bad luck in the end. all the damage they cause is awful. it does cause the victims long-term problems and surely they should receive punishment as well. being bullied is the worst thing that's ever happened to me and it's the worst feeling ever being brought down and actually believing what they say to you. the words end up staying inside your brain, making you believe it all and you can't get out from the depressed feeling. the amount of anxiety it causes for people, the insecurities it gives people, the low confidence it gives and the low self-esteem it causes.

but i know from my gut feeling that victims will eventually get the happiness they deserve and you will be able to achieve ur dreams and goals bc u deserve itttt:smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
In my experience they mostly seemed to become involved in pyramid schemes "multi-level marketing roles" :rolleyes:

(at least, before I got rid of facebook and never saw nor heard of anyone I went to school with again save two friends I got in touch with from time to time)
Original post by artful_lounger
In my experience they mostly seemed to become involved in pyramid schemes "multi-level marketing roles" :rolleyes:

(at least, before I got rid of facebook and never saw nor heard of anyone I went to school with again save two friends I got in touch with from time to time)

MLMs. Very hated on reddit.
Original post by gracieee16
well, i hope all bullies have bad luck in the end. all the damage they cause is awful. it does cause the victims long-term problems and surely they should receive punishment as well. being bullied is the worst thing that's ever happened to me and it's the worst feeling ever being brought down and actually believing what they say to you. the words end up staying inside your brain, making you believe it all and you can't get out from the depressed feeling. the amount of anxiety it causes for people, the insecurities it gives people, the low confidence it gives and the low self-esteem it causes.

but i know from my gut feeling that victims will eventually get the happiness they deserve and you will be able to achieve ur dreams and goals bc u deserve itttt:smile:

PRSOM
All depends on their background. If they came from wealth then yeah they might do.
If they were born into poverty then they're most likely on benefits or in prison right now.
Bojo was a bully at Eton..?
Probably go on to become police officers
Original post by Other_Owl
I've heard cases where persons ex-bully is well off or in a high flying job.

Yeah it is true I think. Unfortunaly
Unfortunately, yes, I have had a few examples in my life
The bully lads I knew are driving trucks for Tesco.
Actually, a couple are dead.
Original post by gjd800
The bully lads I knew are driving trucks for Tesco.

Must be swimming in cash then with these shortages!

Quick Reply

Latest