The Student Room Group

16yr old for part-time job at a pharmacy

Hello,

In the future, I would like to move towards medicine and when I go college, I will go into my biology and chemistry courses. I have been looking for a part-time job in a pharmacy, but all of what I have seen require experience. I was hoping any of you guys could help me choose a job in a pharmacy that is part-time and will allow me to gain experience.

Thanks.
Competition for jobs is quite fierce at the moment. If you're considering to go into medicine you should probably widen your job search outside of pharmacies. Perhaps try looking for a sales assistant role at an opticians, or even at Boots (if you can).

If you can't find a job right now specifically for medicine, then volunteering is the next best thing! You could volunteer at a GP, hospital, pharmacy etc. I feel that it might be a better choice to find a part time job in retail and then do some volunteering on the side that's specifically tailored for medicine, but this is just a suggestion.

Wishing you all the best :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by hyacinth77
Competition for jobs is quite fierce at the moment. If you're considering to go into medicine you should probably widen your job search outside of pharmacies. Perhaps try looking for a sales assistant role at an opticians, or even at Boots (if you can).

If you can't find a job right now specifically for medicine, then volunteering is the next best thing! You could volunteer at a GP, hospital, pharmacy etc. I feel that it might be a better choice to find a part time job in retail and then do some volunteering on the side that's specifically tailored for medicine, but this is just a suggestion.

Wishing you all the best :smile:

Thanks for the suggestion, never actually thought about volunteering. Again thanks!
Original post by HARDEXAMS
Thanks for the suggestion, never actually thought about volunteering. Again thanks!

No problem!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending