The Student Room Group

Help please 😞🥰

I find her adorable, cute and beautiful those were my exact thoughts when we first came across each other she is filled with lively, bubbly and giggly energy and enthusiasm always smiling yet can be introverted, shy and nervous and such pleasure to see her happy making me laugh… gorgeous sight to watch and capture. She is special and a close colleague friend of mine even picked up that the both of us like each other, I was even in a state of shock when she asked my colleague who I started my shift this morning with was I present at work, and then learning the fact that she was excited and looking forward to working with me when got told I will work with the 3 of them myself included which then left a smile on my face, just before I left work today I covered her break all those facial expressions that I make she replied she finds it funny when I do that and I replied I find it sweet when your innocent and naive and before I left work today I got told by her am I working tomorrow I said yes, she with a positive sense of energy said I’ll see you tomorrow then I said looking forward to it. Do you think she likes me? Do I stand a chance with her, will she reciprocate the feelings I have towards her to me? What are the next steps because I don’t want to mess this up I find her incredibly special and I am thankful to have ever come across such a sweet, polite and kind cheerful, humorous, curious yet lost cute individual she is?

Thank you.
She may well like you.

Can you be sure that all the positive energy is directed specifically at you, or is she like this with people in general? Do you have any mutual friends you could interrogate?

Quickest and easiest way to see if she likes you is to suggest to do something together after work.. She'll either say "Yes" (happy days) or "We'll see" (basically a polite no). Caveat:- if she says "yes" and suggests inviting someone else (or she brings them anyway), that's also likely to be a "No", but there are exceptions.
Original post by Old Skool Freak
She may well like you.

Can you be sure that all the positive energy is directed specifically at you, or is she like this with people in general? Do you have any mutual friends you could interrogate?

Quickest and easiest way to see if she likes you is to suggest to do something together after work.. She'll either say "Yes" (happy days) or "We'll see" (basically a polite no). Caveat:- if she says "yes" and suggests inviting someone else (or she brings them anyway), that's also likely to be a "No", but there are exceptions.

No she isn’t like that but around me she’s different, and neither is that connection or bond is felt between her and others, what do I need to ask my mutual friend/friends about? What should be my next move without making things complicated?
Original post by Anonymous
No she isn’t like that but around me she’s different, and neither is that connection or bond is felt between her and others, what do I need to ask my mutual friend/friends about? What should be my next move without making things complicated?

Basically, if she likes you, chances are you will have come up in conversations with her other girl-mates from time to time (e.g. You did XYZ & etc.). If it's a particular close friend (and she "approves" of you), she may even bring the subject up about the two of you herself. Otherwise, you can steer the conversation towards her (the girl you like) and gauge her (the friends) reaction... and that would tell you whether or not you stand a chance.

I appreciate this is easier said than done, but for the time being, try and let go of all these feelings & fantasies of what life would be like with the two of you as a couple. Focusing on those will only get you worked up and too nervous to ever ask her out, and then if (shock-horror) she does blow you out, it hurts 100 times more (i.e. the dreaded "Paralysis by Analysis" scenario).

If & when you do make your indecent proposal, I would suggest doing it casually, rather than making a big ceremony out of it. What I tend to do is get a free-flowing conversation going (i.e. one where you're not thinking about what to say next, and no awkward silences etc.) and then steer the conversation to social things in general, and then say something like "I heard there's this new bar down George St, it's supposed to be good, we should check it out after work sometime".

I like to keep things casual, as if too big a deal is made of it, then she may feel like she's being put on the spot, and may end up saying "No" simply to get out of an awkward situation... only to kick herself later on at a missed opportunity. Trust me on this, I've done this myself on too many occasions I care to mention. The other thing I'll point out about the example above is that you'll notice, I didn't 'ask' her (per se), but it was more of a statement. I'm sure you've heard that girls (and guys) are generally attracted to self-confident people? The example has a far greater sense of confidence and assurance than if you were to say "Do you want to go to this new bar on George St?" After all, if you've already got a good rapport going with her, you can naturally assume she'd be happy to spend time with you outside work.

Spoiler

Anyway the key thing is to make a commitment to get the date soon, as crushes tend not to last forever... And in the meantime, don't dwell on all the fantasies too much (well maybe the odd "knuckle-shuffle" :eek: :lol::colondollar: ).
Basically, if she likes you, chances are you will have come up in conversations with her other girl-mates from time to time (e.g. You did XYZ & etc.). If it's a particular close friend (and she "approves" of you), she may even bring the subject up about the two of you herself. Otherwise, you can steer the conversation towards her (the girl you like) and gauge her (the friends) reaction... and that would tell you whether or not you stand a chance.

I appreciate this is easier said than done, but for the time being, try and let go of all these feelings & fantasies of what life would be like with the two of you as a couple. Focusing on those will only get you worked up and too nervous to ever ask her out, and then if (shock-horror) she does blow you out, it hurts 100 times more (i.e. the dreaded "Paralysis by Analysis" scenario).

If & when you do make your indecent proposal, I would suggest doing it casually, rather than making a big ceremony out of it. What I tend to do is get a free-flowing conversation going (i.e. one where you're not thinking about what to say next, and no awkward silences etc.) and then steer the conversation to social things in general, and then say something like "I heard there's this new bar down George St, it's supposed to be good, we should check it out after work sometime".

I like to keep things casual, as if too big a deal is made of it, then she may feel like she's being put on the spot, and may end up saying "No" simply to get out of an awkward situation... only to kick herself later on at a missed opportunity. Trust me on this, I've done this myself on too many occasions I care to mention. The other thing I'll point out about the example above is that you'll notice, I didn't 'ask' her (per se), but it was more of a statement. I'm sure you've heard that girls (and guys) are generally attracted to self-confident people? The example has a far greater sense of confidence and assurance than if you were to say "Do you want to go to this new bar on George St?" After all, if you've already got a good rapport going with her, you can naturally assume she'd be happy to spend time with you outside work.

Spoiler

Anyway the key thing is to make a commitment to get the date soon, as crushes tend not to last forever... And in the meantime, don't dwell on all the fantasies too much (well maybe the odd "knuckle-shuffle" :eek: :lol::colondollar: ).

She definitely spoke with my colleague who I started my morning shift with. So, like if I asked her to join me in a informal meet up for a coffee is that casual? I will follow your tip :wink:.
Original post by Anonymous
She definitely spoke with my colleague who I started my morning shift with. So, like if I asked her to join me in a informal meet up for a coffee is that casual? I will follow your tip :wink:.

Just remember self-confidence is the key.

Best of luck Casanova :lep:
Just remember self-confidence is the key.

Best of luck Casanova :lep:

Thank you :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending