The Student Room Group

Ex and new lover

Hi so me and my ex broke up a year ago exactly now , and today I had a date a with a nice boy it was actually a blind date , I agree to because why not I enjoyed his company and everything , me and my ex speak like once a month just friendly we have basically grown up together I’m 19 he 20 , and for some reason when I get a text from him or see him post my heart still skips a beat it sounds so stupid I still get excited or nervous , and I realised I was way too in love with him I fear I still am the excitement and nervousness is the same like the first day I saw him etc kissed etc etc , idk what to do it’s been a year , I’m getting fed up I still think about him I try to distract myself , I know he is speaking to another girl soon to be gf or whatever but idk why I’m not moving on I’m starting to suffer :/ any advice would be appreciated .
Reply 1
Even if you're on good terms, he's your ex for a reason. If you're not mature enough to properly accept it's over between you, stop communicating, even if it's for 6 months, and stop being giddy over him.
Forbidden fruit always tastes the sweetest.
He's moved on, why haven't you?
Original post by dazzlermc
Forbidden fruit always tastes the sweetest.
He's moved on, why haven't you?

I have no clue why I haven’t that’s the problem I have been going on dates and actively wanting to be in another relationship but idk even when a date goes well and I get a text from him my heart races the same and it makes me question why I’m still so excited or nervous around my ex
I get how you feel, but having been in the same situation a number of times. I found that it never worked out for me.
Yes, there is still that 1 woman that makes my head spin but the path she's taken I couldn't go down.
I'm not saying that if you and them wanted to try again , that it wouldn't work out.
I'm saying acknowledge those feelings and keep going. Maybe put it all down to experience and allow your heart to find although it sounds like he's keeping you on the hook.
Original post by dazzlermc
I get how you feel, but having been in the same situation a number of times. I found that it never worked out for me.
Yes, there is still that 1 woman that makes my head spin but the path she's taken I couldn't go down.
I'm not saying that if you and them wanted to try again , that it wouldn't work out.
I'm saying acknowledge those feelings and keep going. Maybe put it all down to experience and allow your heart to find although it sounds like he's keeping you on the hook.

I’m worried my heart will always do that for him and it won’t be fair on other guys I date or end up with I just feel *****y , and how can he move on and my stupid self is still here acting like this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending