The Student Room Group

Being a muslim girl (is sometimes hard)

I don't know if any other muslim girls like me have this issue but sometimes i get jealous of girls who have boyfriends and there parents let them which i know is haram but sometime i wished i had one to that loves me and cares for me but that's not gonna happen obviously because of number 1 strict parents and 2 religion.

Scroll to see replies

Life is a test yk...
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I don't know if any other muslim girls like me have this issue but sometimes i get jealous of girls who have boyfriends and there parents let them which i know is haram but sometime i wished i had one to that loves me and cares for me but that's not gonna happen obviously because of number 1 strict parents and 2 religion.

Why don’t you utilise your religion and make dua to Allah, the Bestower, for someone who loves and cares for you? That’s the Muslim girls best ability and the fact that she’s pretty much protected from delusions and perversity. But you know… we do have free will and if you decide to exercise that then just be aware that there are consequences. Don’t make it possible by wishing for something that could be your downfall. Make dua for what you want and have faith and patience and In Sha Allah, I hope you truly get someone who loves and adores you beyond the surface glitter of this life. ✌🏼

Strict parents, culture and religion… trust me I’ve been holding myself back from dating many girls that I’ve had opportunities with.. not just for religion (although religion is a major reason why) but due to culture and respect for my parents.

Trusss me if you give it time, you’ll find the right one instead of trialing from a young age. Better to stay pure for your future soulmate anyways 😂

Think of it like this yh.
If you want your soulmate to have a pure record of no dates / no interaction with other people sexually / love towards a past person, then you need to keep yourself pure for em. (That’s basically what stops me from pushin towards all these gori’s / side women too.)

You might be jealous of them, but usually their relationships don't last...
Free will is to make contact with other girls all facing the same self imposed restrictions by controlling people or religions and to decide to take a stand against it.
Free will is to make contact with other girls all facing the same self imposed restrictions by controlling people or religions and to decide to take a stand against it.

They do actually want to follow the religion...
have this issue but sometimes i get jealous of girls who have boyfriends

Why do you get jealous?
The guilt, the shame, the sins, the ptsd from your sins you don’t want that. It’s such a terrible feeling after leaving a relationship/situationship with a guy is not it and not worth it at all. The shaytaan works harder when begin to think like this so try avoid some thoughts.
Nothing to get jealous of. Look at girls who have a high imaan, who dress modestly, who have a great relationship with Allah. Those are the ones you should look up to and be jealous of!
I was also like you (still am I think) but it’s just not worth it at all. I see my friend going out with their mr man’s and living it up but they lost something I still have which is my prayer so may Allah guide us alllll
Nothing to get jealous of. Look at girls who have a high imaan, who dress modestly, who have a great relationship with Allah. Those are the ones you should look up to and be jealous of!

would rather not be jealous of anyone lol. ik you mean well but please don't try to make her feel better by encouraging her to be jealous of another group rather than the first group - a muslim girl x
when you speak to them you realise that their relationships are an absolute sham. the ones that decide to stay together until death like 'highschool sweethearts' are only doing it to make a statement and prove others wrong that "they won't last". so much infidelity takes place that is either never uncovered or resolved. i have friends like that and every time i speak to them i realise that i'm better off without a boyfriend, it's so unstable.
would rather not be jealous of anyone lol. ik you mean well but please don't try to make her feel better by encouraging her to be jealous of another group rather than the first group - a muslim girl x

Her idea of being “jealous” in her statement doesn’t seem like actual jealousy (like hassad and envy-wishing she could have what they have). I mean by the word jealous in my statement, OP, is to be encouraged by someone who’s better role model rather than someone who isn’t. Jealousy is a normal humanistic trait so having a slight feeling of it is fine.
How many Muslim girls have true peace in their hearts, not because they are told they have it, but genuine peace brought about by autonomous thought and independence in life?

How many Muslim girls live a life battling with feelings of guilt or jealousy because they have been conditioned to feel those emotions daily by men and by religion?
Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you. :smile:
Focus on your own ambitions and doing the things that make you happy.

Different people have different ambitions and timescales.
Many people prefer focus on their studies and widening their professional contacts rather than their social lives or finding a partner.
They know that it is not the right time for them to try to acquire some relationship experience, become sexually active or risk incurring the wrath of older relatives that they depend upon for accomodation & food.

A lot of students at school and uni get into casual relationships to fit in with the crowd or because they are afraid of being single & alone.
Sometimes the relationships are very negative or involve illegal behaviour.
There is often nothing to admire.
Nor be jealous of.
You have plenty of time to decide if you want to get married or choose to live by all the same traditions that other members of your household do.
Good luck!
Reply 16
Original post by Wundr
Why don’t you utilise your religion and make dua to Allah, the Bestower, for someone who loves and cares for you? That’s the Muslim girls best ability and the fact that she’s pretty much protected from delusions and perversity. But you know… we do have free will and if you decide to exercise that then just be aware that there are consequences. Don’t make it possible by wishing for something that could be your downfall. Make dua for what you want and have faith and patience and In Sha Allah, I hope you truly get someone who loves and adores you beyond the surface glitter of this life. ✌🏼

Do you say that free will comes with consequences but following whatever irrational belief (presumably of your parents) and obeying the rules of given religion comes as consequence free?!
Reply 17

You can have a bf too. All you have to do is ignore both the strict parents and religion.
(edited 1 year ago)
It’s not haram to have a boyfriend you just need to keep it halal how else are u going to find a husband ??
Reply 19
Strict parents, culture and religion… trust me I’ve been holding myself back from dating many girls that I’ve had opportunities with.. not just for religion (although religion is a major reason why) but due to culture and respect for my parents.

Trusss me if you give it time, you’ll find the right one instead of trialing from a young age. Better to stay pure for your future soulmate anyways 😂

Think of it like this yh.
If you want your soulmate to have a pure record of no dates / no interaction with other people sexually / love towards a past person, then you need to keep yourself pure for em. (That’s basically what stops me from pushin towards all these gori’s / side women too.)

How will you find one if you don't try?
The usual arranged relationships and arranged marriages maybe?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending