The Student Room Group

First manga book

I just bought Black Butler, as my friends have been telling me to try manga for ages and I finally got round to it :tongue:

I’m yet to figure out how to read it though, it looks confusing :s-smilie:

Anyone read much manga? I’d love to hear your opinions and recommendations if you have any!
Original post by RushingRiver
I just bought Black Butler, as my friends have been telling me to try manga for ages and I finally got round to it :tongue:

Anyone read much manga? I’d love to hear your opinions and recommendations if you have any!

Hi there.

I'll tag @AngryJellyfish who could help. :smile:

Best wishes. :smile:
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

I'll tag @AngryJellyfish who could help. :smile:

Best wishes. :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
PRSOM :frown:
(edited 1 year ago)

Hello! :hello: Reading manga can be a bit disorienting at first, but I got used to it fast, and it just seems natural now. :yep: And Black Butler's worth the effort, in my opinion! :biggrin: Basically, start at the top right and move leftwards and downwards. Most publishers usually put a guide at the back (where the front would be on a Western book, if that makes sense)?

Here's a few general recommendations that should be fine for new readers, but if there are any particular genres or settings you're interested in, let me know!

Tegami Bachi

Death Note

City
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Hello! :hello: Reading manga can be a bit disorienting at first, but I got used to it fast, and it just seems natural now. :yep: And Black Butler's worth the effort, in my opinion! :biggrin: Basically, start at the top right and move leftwards and downwards. Most publishers usually put a guide at the back (where the front would be on a Western book, if that makes sense)?

Here's a few general recommendations that should be fine for new readers, but if there are any particular genres or settings you're interested in, let me know!

Tegami Bachi

Death Note

City

That’s gonna take some getting used to :lol: so.. it’s pretty much the same as a Western book, but ‘backwards’, as it were?

I’m not too sure what I’m interested in yet but Black Butler caught my eye because of the gothic kinda appearance - it seems a little less bright and colourful than some of the other manga books I’ve seen. I’ll have a look at the others as well, thank you! :biggrin:
That’s gonna take some getting used to :lol: so.. it’s pretty much the same as a Western book, but ‘backwards’, as it were?

I’m not too sure what I’m interested in yet but Black Butler caught my eye because of the gothic kinda appearance - it seems a little less bright and colourful than some of the other manga books I’ve seen. I’ll have a look at the others as well, thank you! :biggrin:

Pretty much backwards, yes!

Yeah, Black Butler's gothic Victorian setting is very good. A lot of the mainstream popular series out there are quite flashy, but aside from those there are manga series for virtually all genres and demographics. While I'll probably stop here so that I don't overload you, perhaps Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro could also be of interest. :yy:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Pretty much backwards, yes!

Yeah, Black Butler's gothic Victorian setting is very good. A lot of the mainstream popular series out there are quite flashy, but aside from those there are manga series for virtually all genres and demographics. While I'll probably stop here so that I don't overload you, perhaps Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro could also be of interest. :yy:

Thank you! I’m really enjoying it so far, a lot more than I thought I would :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending