The Student Room Group

Tesco application

I'm very new to job application and I have applied to a temporary night shift job for tesco. It was the first one to get back to me about right to work details which I gave back immediately and I was just wondering a few things. Does this mean that I am more likely to get an interview and if so how soon after do you think they will get back to me? I only want to know since it is a summer job so I will only be working for a couple months and would like to start ASAP. If I were successful in getting an interview what kind of questions are asked? Like are they more about you as a person or is it something I have to study the company for? Also what is the dress code for these types of interviews? Should I be wearing a smart suit or something else because the only other clothes I have really are jeans and hoodie (I know I should get more variety of clothes) if anyone has any advice it would be very appreciated! 😁
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Dress smart but a suit isn't needed.

Questions around why you want the role, what you bring to it, skills, experience etc. Fairly standard.

Relax and enjoy it, it isn't designed to catch you out.

Good luck!
Original post by Spelunker
I'm very new to job application and I have applied to a temporary night shift job for tesco. It was the first one to get back to me about right to work details which I gave back immediately and I was just wondering a few things. Does this mean that I am more likely to get an interview and if so how soon after do you think they will get back to me? I only want to know since it is a summer job so I will only be working for a couple months and would like to start ASAP. If I were successful in getting an interview what kind of questions are asked? Like are they more about you as a person or is it something I have to study the company for? Also what is the dress code for these types of interviews? Should I be wearing a smart suit or something else because the only other clothes I have really are jeans and hoodie (I know I should get more variety of clothes) if anyone has any advice it would be very appreciated! 😁

Hi
Well done so far for getting the interview.
It's part of the policy that you are asked to provide proof of working in UK okay
Unfortunately it doesn't automatically means you have a interview with providing this information.
They will look at it and decide whether to give you a interview which you'll have to do your up most best for it.
You'll be asked maybe about the history of Tesco and how they came to be and where they are today in the market.

Just be smart / causal okay. If female wear either a white/ navy blue top or blouse and either navy / black skirt or trousers with flat shoes.
If male wear similar colour shirt or top and trousers and smartish shoes and jacket.
Only wear a suit if it's a management position which it isn't so causal or smart is fine.
Arrive early if it's in-store interview ( about 10 - 15 minutes) and report to the customer service desk if one and tell the staff member that you are here to see the manager about job interview and they will let them know that you are here okay.

What type of questions do Tesco ask at you at an interview as each one is different.few examples below okay.

Some Tesco Interview Questions .....
Tell us about yourself.
Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education.
Tell us about your previous work experience if any
If possible, try to talk about how your previous work experience relates to the job you are applying to at Tesco. ...
What can you tell us about Tesco as a company
How did you find out about the job

A team leader and stand in supervisor as required with Tesco and I can't help you with any questions etc because I do occasionally sit in on interviews.

Best of luck
Reply 3
Original post by Tracey_W
Hi
Well done so far for getting the interview.
It's part of the policy that you are asked to provide proof of working in UK okay
Unfortunately it doesn't automatically means you have a interview with providing this information.
They will look at it and decide whether to give you a interview which you'll have to do your up most best for it.
You'll be asked maybe about the history of Tesco and how they came to be and where they are today in the market.

Just be smart / causal okay. If female wear either a white/ navy blue top or blouse and either navy / black skirt or trousers with flat shoes.
If male wear similar colour shirt or top and trousers and smartish shoes and jacket.
Only wear a suit if it's a management position which it isn't so causal or smart is fine.
Arrive early if it's in-store interview ( about 10 - 15 minutes) and report to the customer service desk if one and tell the staff member that you are here to see the manager about job interview and they will let them know that you are here okay.

What type of questions do Tesco ask at you at an interview as each one is different.few examples below okay.

Some Tesco Interview Questions .....
Tell us about yourself.
Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education.
Tell us about your previous work experience if any
If possible, try to talk about how your previous work experience relates to the job you are applying to at Tesco. ...
What can you tell us about Tesco as a company
How did you find out about the job

A team leader and stand in supervisor as required with Tesco and I can't help you with any questions etc because I do occasionally sit in on interviews.

Best of luck

Thank you!
Original post by Spelunker
Thank you!

No worries mate 😌😌

Good luck with your interview and hopefully you will be offered a job ☺️☺️

Quick Reply

Latest