The Student Room Group

A level intensive at Westminster kingsway college

Iā€™m having an interview at Westminster kingsway and I have to write an entrance exams cause I applied for A level intensive any advice please??
Reply 1
What A-levels did you apply to do an intensive year for? Do you have any prior A-level knowledge of the subjects you have applied to do a intensive year in ? Also what is this entrance exam going to be based on ? Do you know what you need to get in order to pass the entrance exams and be allowed to do the intensive course ? Why have you applied for a intensive course rather than a 2 yr A-level program? Let me know the answers to these questions and I would assist you further but I would need this information as I donā€™t have enough information to help you so far. Hope to hear from you soon xD
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by katnix
What A-levels did you apply to do an intensive year for? Do you have any prior A-level knowledge of the subjects you have applied to do a intensive year in ? Also what is this entrance exam going to be based on ? Do you know what you need to get in order to pass the entrance exams and be allowed to do the intensive course ? Why have you applied for a intensive course rather than a 2 yr A-level program? Let me know the answers to these questions and I would assist you further but I would need this information as I donā€™t have enough information to help you so far. Hope to hear from you soon xD

I applied to do Biology,Chemistry and Maths.
I have never studied A levels as I relocated to England last year but I do have an equivalence certificate that allows me to study A level. I received an email that the entrance exams would be based on the year 1/AS edexcel for both Maths and chemistry and the AQA as/A level for biology. I donā€™t know what I need to get to be able to pass but with the mathematics sample paper, the pass mark was 60%.
I applied for the intensive mainly because I am already 19 and I would be in uni had I not relocated to England. And I just want to be in Uni before I hit 20.
Reply 3
I am really confused right now. Because Iā€™m very new to the UKs system of education and I still have little to no knowledge on how to get to where I want to be education wise. I sincerely need an advice.
Reply 4
Original post by Theo Nedu
I am really confused right now. Because Iā€™m very new to the UKs system of education and I still have little to no knowledge on how to get to where I want to be education wise. I sincerely need an advice.

Hello thank you for getting back to me ...
So it looks like you have no prior knowledge of studying A-levels. So in this instances I would not recommend you to do an one year intensive A-level course as it crams 2 yrs of knowledge to one year and usually itā€™s recommended you have done A-levels previously or have done at least the first year of A-levels. So if you really want to go to university next year I would suggest to do an Access to HE course given your age and also the fact you donā€™t have any UK qualification or equivalent to enter university directly. Many universities accept Access to HE even Russell Group Universities so I would suggest for you to research into this and they will also allow you to study Maths and English GCSEs alongside them some of them will however best to look at the individual requirements for each of them and choose the one that best suits you. However be aware these Access to HE courses are very intensive and you might be required to do an interview so they will be able to know if your suitable for the course or not or maybe even an entrance exams however itā€™s not as rigorous as doing 3 A-levels in one year though. Wish you luck and hope my advice helped you and also if you can I am curious to know what course you want to do at university is ?
I am in exactly the same situation,How did it turn out for you??? I am also considering the same.
Original post by Theo Nedu
I applied to do Biology,Chemistry and Maths.
I have never studied A levels as I relocated to England last year but I do have an equivalence certificate that allows me to study A level. I received an email that the entrance exams would be based on the year 1/AS edexcel for both Maths and chemistry and the AQA as/A level for biology. I donā€™t know what I need to get to be able to pass but with the mathematics sample paper, the pass mark was 60%.
I applied for the intensive mainly because I am already 19 and I would be in uni had I not relocated to England. And I just want to be in Uni before I hit 20.

I am also in the same situation,can you tell me how you did? Did you revise for them or did you decide to do the 2 years??
Reply 7
Original post by Khadija Mahamed
I am in exactly the same situation,How did it turn out for you??? I am also considering the same.

Hi khadija I applied for it today , do you do the exam and if so how was it ?
Reply 8
Hi,I actually didn't end up going to Westminster and went to another good college in Birmingham called Longbridge bournville,Today was actually my first day šŸ˜„,Hope everything goes well for u too šŸ˜Š
Reply 9
Original post by khadij a
Hi,I actually didn't end up going to Westminster and went to another good college in Birmingham called Longbridge bournville,Today was actually my first day šŸ˜„,Hope everything goes well for u too šŸ˜Š

Ahhh I live in london wish I was able to have that chance

Quick Reply