The Student Room Group

gcse languages (speaking)

what exactly are you marked on in gcse (foreign language) speaking? does the ambiguity of your vocabulary matter or is it other things?
Depends on the section of the exam and the exam board. For example, in AQA, you're marked on accuracy (such as using correct tenses, persons of the verb, verb endings etc), how you develop your answers (adding more detail in questions where you need to) and of course your range of vocabulary, tenses, idioms, opinions, reasons etc.

This is the mark scheme for AQA French speaking from 2018 which you may find useful:

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/sample-papers-and-mark-schemes/2018/june/AQA-86582-W-MS-JUN18.PDF

Hope this helps!

- I've just finished 2022 GCSE exams so feel free to ask any questions about GCSE French content or other subjects.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by thomasmclaren
Depends on the section of the exam and the exam board. For example, in AQA, you're marked on accuracy (such as using correct tenses, persons of the verb, verb endings etc), how you develop your answers (adding more detail in questions where you need to) and of course your range of vocabulary, tenses, idioms, opinions, reasons etc.

This is the mark scheme for AQA French speaking from 2018 which you may find useful:

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/sample-papers-and-mark-schemes/2018/june/AQA-86582-W-MS-JUN18.PDF

Hope this helps!

- I've just finished 2022 GCSE exams so feel free to ask any questions about GCSE French content or other subjects.

thank you!! i hope your exam went well :smile:
also how are you meant to get full marks for communication? (i'm doing spanish but it's probably the same as french)
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by ArizonaRobbins
thank you!! i hope your exam went well :smile:
also how are you meant to get full marks for communication? (i'm doing spanish but it's probably the same as french)

It went really well thank you :smile:

As far as I can remember, communication is how clear your statements are, your fluency, attempt at an accent, pronunciation, and anything else other than the content of what you are saying. Basically, its testing how well you can pretend to be Spanish, if that makes sense!
Original post by thomasmclaren
It went really well thank you :smile:

As far as I can remember, communication is how clear your statements are, your fluency, attempt at an accent, pronunciation, and anything else other than the content of what you are saying. Basically, its testing how well you can pretend to be Spanish, if that makes sense!

ohh right haha, thanks
also i did my exam this morning and my teacher told me i did very well in the communication bit. like she said that most students don't sound spanish but i had the correct accent, speed and demeanour of a spanish person haha (and she said if i were in spain i could get away with a full on conversation) which made me happy
she told me i got 70%, but i could have got 80% if i had made my meanings more clear. as in she said i developed quite a bit but some of my words were open to more than one meanings, and sometimes i conjugated things wrong but overall it was very good compared to everyone elses exam haha
thank you so much for helping! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending