The Student Room Group

Book suggestions that are easy to read

I'm getting back into reading again (I barely read anything during exams) as it was one of my new years resolutions that I kind of failed on. Currently I'm enjoying Agatha Christie, but I would like some reccomendations of things that are interesting and quite easy to read.
Go to a local bookshop and ask the shop staff for some more tailored advice. Or search online on a few different popular book recommendation websites like Goodreads etc. You can even find many more cheap books at charity shops, garden centres and the like. Other suitable options include finding more free books at the local library and at car boot sales as well. Gift shops which are attached to tourist attractions often stock a variety of books at rock bottom cheap prices.
some of my favourite books:
The butterfly garden -Dot Hutchison
More than this - Patrick Ness
The rest of us just live here - Patrick Ness
One of us is lying - Karen McManus
Hungry - H.A Swain
I'll give you the sun - Jandy Nelson
Loveless - Alice Oseman
Reply 3
Original post by tinyperson
Go to a local bookshop and ask the shop staff for some more tailored advice. Or search online on a few different popular book recommendation websites like Goodreads etc. You can even find many more cheap books at charity shops, garden centres and the like. Other suitable options include finding more free books at the local library and at car boot sales as well. Gift shops which are attached to tourist attractions often stock a variety of books at rock bottom cheap prices.

Second the charity/local library idea.

Origin- Dan Brown ( his books can get repetitive but i liked this one a lot)
Magpie Murders- Anthony horowitz

I also feel obliged to mention the lord of the rings given they're my favorite
Original post by Spelunker
some of my favourite books:
The butterfly garden -Dot Hutchison
More than this - Patrick Ness
The rest of us just live here - Patrick Ness
One of us is lying - Karen McManus
Hungry - H.A Swain
I'll give you the sun - Jandy Nelson
Loveless - Alice Oseman

Thanks, these look like some good suggestions. I've read One of Us is Lying and I think my sister has Loveless so I might try that next.
Original post by tinyperson

There aren't any good bookshops near where I live :frown:. I do go to the library which is fantastic and when it's not busy the staff are always very willing to help me find things. I also love a good book from a charity shop, I have a friend who volunteers at an Oxfam bookshop and she'll regularly give me updates if she finds anything she thinks I would like (although that is usually non-fiction because I read alot of books about maths, which aren't exactly flying off the shelves of a charity shop).
Original post by Skiwi
Second the charity/local library idea.

Origin- Dan Brown ( his books can get repetitive but i liked this one a lot)
Magpie Murders- Anthony horowitz

I also feel obliged to mention the lord of the rings given they're my favorite

I like the look of Magpie Murders so I'm gonna check if my library has it (and if it doesn't I'll get my sister to reserve it for me because she is a child so it is still free).

I tried reading Lord of the Rings but I found it very difficult, I have read the Hobbit though.
you may like YA mystery genre like "Truly Devious" series by Maureen Johnson

if you like theater genre,with tint of crime , might wanna check out " If we were villains" by M.L. Rio
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Cupcakes12
I'm getting back into reading again (I barely read anything during exams) as it was one of my new years resolutions that I kind of failed on. Currently I'm enjoying Agatha Christie, but I would like some reccomendations of things that are interesting and quite easy to read.

The books by cathy glass, lisa stone and mike pannett are all worth a read.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending