The Student Room Group

Feeling down

I'm feeling stressed and stuff because I don't know if im going to do well I'm life like get a good job and earn good money and be happy. People have doubted me in the past and they were right sometimes. People said I wouldn't pass my gcses, people said I wouldn't get this apprenticeship and they were right about them. People have been positive too but I keep blocking them out and doubting myself. I think I just have a negative mindset because of things not going well in the past and feel incapable. I just can't stop worrying about my future.

I often lose sleep and sometimes I don't get much at all then by the time I'm falling asleep I have college so I have to go there. Like I'm at college now, I don't really like it, I have been to schools most of my life then finished school and went to college. There was schools I didn't like and college I don't really like its just so boring and i feel like its never ending because now I'm going to have to get a job I don't like. I feel like it could even be worse than school or college because its 9 to 5 instead of college 9 till 3 or 9 till 4 plus college is only a few days a week, a job will be more. I know this is what most people have to do but I have a lot of friends or family who are self employed or have a job they like and I want to be self employed but I feel incapable of it.
Ill start off by saying its a good start you're reaching out to people and asking for some advice :smile:

You need to find something that you can be passionate about, anything really. What's something you enjoy doing? Video games, photography?

You need motivation in life- good people around you. Things to do to keep you busy. Have you thought about therapy? Speaking maybe about how you are feeling?

We all feel like this once in a while- especially when we don't know how things are going but feeling like this all the time isn't healthy for you so it would be good to get some help and possibly some good friends to keep you busy and motivated :smile:
Our mind loves to focus on the negatives, and counterarguing those negative thoughts with positive ones can really help. You've already mentioned that people have said positive things about you before, and I'm sure you can think of times when you've done well in something etc.

Do you have a hobby currently? Doing activities we enjoy can really help us to be happier
Original post by Anonymous
Ill start off by saying its a good start you're reaching out to people and asking for some advice :smile:

You need to find something that you can be passionate about, anything really. What's something you enjoy doing? Video games, photography?

You need motivation in life- good people around you. Things to do to keep you busy. Have you thought about therapy? Speaking maybe about how you are feeling?

We all feel like this once in a while- especially when we don't know how things are going but feeling like this all the time isn't healthy for you so it would be good to get some help and possibly some good friends to keep you busy and motivated :smile:

True finding something you enjoy or passionate about is kind of important.

I speak to online helplines and stuff too.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm feeling stressed and stuff because I don't know if im going to do well I'm life like get a good job and earn good money and be happy. People have doubted me in the past and they were right sometimes. People said I wouldn't pass my gcses, people said I wouldn't get this apprenticeship and they were right about them. People have been positive too but I keep blocking them out and doubting myself. I think I just have a negative mindset because of things not going well in the past and feel incapable. I just can't stop worrying about my future.

I often lose sleep and sometimes I don't get much at all then by the time I'm falling asleep I have college so I have to go there. Like I'm at college now, I don't really like it, I have been to schools most of my life then finished school and went to college. There was schools I didn't like and college I don't really like its just so boring and i feel like its never ending because now I'm going to have to get a job I don't like. I feel like it could even be worse than school or college because its 9 to 5 instead of college 9 till 3 or 9 till 4 plus college is only a few days a week, a job will be more. I know this is what most people have to do but I have a lot of friends or family who are self employed or have a job they like and I want to be self employed but I feel incapable of it.

Hey there, I hope you're well!

Feeling worried about your future is not bad, but you should focus on the next step, which is to list down your goals and plan how you will achieve them. Worrying too much won't do you any good. People with the worse past can have the best future, there is no success without struggle. Just keep working hard analyze your current situation make some plans and work hard to achieve them you will be fine.
Original post by Dylanm10
Hey there, I hope you're well!

Feeling worried about your future is not bad, but you should focus on the next step, which is to list down your goals and plan how you will achieve them. Worrying too much won't do you any good. People with the worse past can have the best future, there is no success without struggle. Just keep working hard analyze your current situation make some plans and work hard to achieve them you will be fine.

Yh cheers mate
I just dont want to do something I dont like

Quick Reply

Latest