The Student Room Group

Advice for moving out

Hi, I'm an 18yr gap year student looking to move out of home whilst I'm on my year out. I'm currently part time but am interviewing for a full time job to facilitate this. I'd also be moving out with my sister.

Does anyone have any advice for finding cheap flats? Is this possible or would it be totally the wrong decision this close to uni? I'm scheduled to go to uni in September 2023 hopefully. Is there too much risk of moving out now? Help!!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I'm an 18yr gap year student looking to move out of home whilst I'm on my year out. I'm currently part time but am interviewing for a full time job to facilitate this. I'd also be moving out with my sister.

Does anyone have any advice for finding cheap flats? Is this possible or would it be totally the wrong decision this close to uni? I'm scheduled to go to uni in September 2023 hopefully. Is there too much risk of moving out now? Help!!

is there any reason why? unless you've got major family issues this sounds like a massive waste of money to me
Original post by Anonymous

Where in the country? If it's London then you have no chance. Even graduates on full-time wages flatshare with strangers.
Good luck
What areas are you considering moving to?
How much do you and your sister have in savings?
Are you both over 18, working and with reasonably good credit histories?
Original post by Blue_Cow
Where in the country? If it's London then you have no chance. Even graduates on full-time wages flatshare with strangers.

Don't forget to factor in the ever increasing cost of living wherever you decide live. London is way too expensive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending