The Student Room Group

my best friend sexually assaulted someone what should i do

(so if the situation is hard to understand i’m bad at telling stories)

Last week my school had prom my friend liked this girl at our school and she was at prom previously they had very little interactions and wasn’t friends

on the night of prom i sat and spoke to the girl he assaulted were friends in school not that close tho and my friend came up to us soon after . all 4 of us begin chatting away for a while when my best friend and girl who got assaulted start flirting with each other they kissed a few times and then went back to normal prom stuff (nothing relevant to story)

around 10:30 the 4 of us went outside because we was tired and wanted to leave prom my front begins getting progressively more sexually frustrated with girl who got assaulted and she’s quite uncomfortable me and her friend laughed it off and didn’t think too much of it however i did think it was out of character for him and a little creepy

it’s now 11:10-11:30 and we get on the coach first on the 5 back seats and this is where it gets bad

me and girl who got assaulted friend sat together and i was on the window seat
girl who got assaulted was on the other window seat with my friend next to her he begins touching her thigh and boobs she looked pretty uncomfortable but i didn’t stop him for some reason

she then gets up to move next to her friend but my friend trapped her and stopped her from moving away from him
he then tells her that if she wants to move she has to kiss him first after resisting for a few minutes she gives in and kisses him then tries to get up but still he blocks her and asks for another

she then gets up barges past him to get to her friend he then sits under her and grabs her ass

she doesn’t get up to move again and just sits there trying to not cause a seen

this is where i saw he completely crossed the line because she absolutely did not want anything to do with him at this point both girls was ****ed at him and so was i
after this going on for a few minutes people in front of us started noticing what was going on and started staring
i asked girl who got assaulted if she wanted me to sit between my friend and her and she said yea and moved back to window seat and thanked me

my friend chuckled and said “i was enjoying that”
this made me sick tbh and completely changed my perception of him i don’t know what to do should i still be friends with ? or should i cut him off ?
Reply 1
Original post by nav48383838
this made me sick tbh and completely changed my perception of him i don’t know what to do should i still be friends with ? or should i cut him off ?

Why is this even a question? Why would you want to be friends with a boy who thinks it's OK to treat girls like that?

What about the girl who was assaulted; have you reached out to her to see how she's doing? Has she told any adults what happened, has she formally reported it and have you told her you'll support her if she does?
If she wishes to report it, you'll hopefully do the right thing and back her up (if you're a decent person).

It's good you are questioning his actions because they are disgusting, but there's no question as to whether or not you should remain friends. That's predatory behaviour. Cut him off and let that girl know that you are there for her. Let her know that if she wants to report him (which is a good idea, to prevent him from doing it again), you will be a reliable witness. Check in on her.

Last week my school had prom my friend liked this girl at our school and she was at prom previously they had very little interactions and wasn’t friends

on the night of prom i sat and spoke to the girl he assaulted were friends in school not that close tho and my friend came up to us soon after . all 4 of us begin chatting away for a while when my best friend and girl who got assaulted start flirting with each other they kissed a few times and then went back to normal prom stuff (nothing relevant to story)

around 10:30 the 4 of us went outside because we was tired and wanted to leave prom my front begins getting progressively more sexually frustrated with girl who got assaulted and she’s quite uncomfortable me and her friend laughed it off and didn’t think too much of it however i did think it was out of character for him and a little creepy

it’s now 11:10-11:30 and we get on the coach first on the 5 back seats and this is where it gets bad

girl who got assaulted was on the other window seat with my friend next to her he begins touching her thigh and boobs she looked pretty uncomfortable but i didn’t stop him for some reason

she then gets up to move next to her friend but my friend trapped her and stopped her from moving away from him
he then tells her that if she wants to move she has to kiss him first after resisting for a few minutes she gives in and kisses him then tries to get up but still he blocks her and asks for another

she then gets up barges past him to get to her friend he then sits under her and grabs her ass

this is where i saw he completely crossed the line because she absolutely did not want anything to do with him at this point both girls was ****ed at him and so was i
after this going on for a few minutes people in front of us started noticing what was going on and started staring
i asked girl who got assaulted if she wanted me to sit between my friend and her and she said yea and moved back to window seat and thanked me

what a ****. leave him bro

cut him off. talk to the girl he assaulted and ask if she wants to report it and if she wants your support (if she decides to go to the police u can be a witness/back her up)
Stop talking to him immediately. If the girl who got assaulted wishes to report it, please do the right thing and back her up!

He did a horrific thing and should be punished for it
Your "mate" needs to be taught a lesson (one way or another)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending