The Student Room Group

How does the NHS Bursary affect maintenance loan

I am in receipt of the Wales NHS bursary and receive £1000 grant however my SFE loan this year appears to have been reduced to £2450 . Does this appear correct ?
Original post by mick higgins
I am in receipt of the Wales NHS bursary and receive £1000 grant however my SFE loan this year appears to have been reduced to £2450 . Does this appear correct ?

Hello,

English domiciled students will continue to be eligible to receive an NHS bursary and Reduced Rate Maintenance Loan (RRML) if they are studying their course in Wales providing that they agree to work in the Welsh NHS for 2 years after they have graduated. It sounds like your funding could be correct.

Thanks, Lynsey,
Thanks Lynsey ,
I am not surprised that the maintenance loan is reduced but it has been reduced by more than the amount I have been given in the bursary which seems unreasonable ( although I accept that the overall debt i incur will be significantly reduced ) and was what I was curious about. Does anyone know if it possible to request an increase to the RRML ?
Thanks Lynsey ,
I am not surprised that the maintenance loan is reduced but it has been reduced by more than the amount I have been given in the bursary which seems unreasonable ( although I accept that the overall debt i incur will be significantly reduced ) and was what I was curious about. Does anyone know if it possible to request an increase to the RRML ?

Hi Mick,

Just to check, are you going into the final year of your course?

Thanks, Graeme
No year 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Mick,

Just to check, are you going into the final year of your course?

Thanks, Graeme

No , year 2
No , year 2

Okay, if you send us a live chat or secure message on your account one of our team will check your entitlement to make sure it's correct: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending