The Student Room Group

University not responding

So ive applied for the wrong course to two universities. I already recieved an offer from one of them and still waiting for the other. So for the one ive recieved an offer, I contacted them through text message and asking if its possible for a course change and have been left on Read and its been 5 days already. For the other university, i contacted by email on the same day and no response still. I dont know if I should send another email/text for a follow up or wait for a bit. Dont know how I managed to apply for the wrong course in both universities. Messed up real bad. Please give me some advice, thanks.

Edit: Sort of solved now, the university I texted has responded after I sent another message. Waiting for them to confirm if there is space now for the semester I applied for. The other university i emailed hasnt responded yet but i'll email them again if i need to.
(edited 1 year ago)
Phone them.
Original post by You Farted
So ive applied for the wrong course to two universities. I already recieved an offer from one of them and still waiting for the other. So for the one ive recieved an offer, I contacted them through text message and asking if its possible for a course change and have been left on Read and its been 5 days already. For the other university, i contacted by email on the same day and no response still. I dont know if I should send another email/text for a follow up or wait for a bit. Dont know how I managed to apply for the wrong course in both universities. Messed up real bad. Please give me some advice, thanks.

Keep trying to contact them as remember that they are dealing with thousands of people other than yourself.

Phoning and emailing is perhaps the best way to contact them rather than just a simple text message by phone 📱.
Reply 3
Original post by Tracey_W
Keep trying to contact them as remember that they are dealing with thousands of people other than yourself.

Phoning and emailing is perhaps the best way to contact them rather than just a simple text message by phone 📱.

Im texting that university as thats what ive been told to do when i emailed them about it and as for the other university, i have been emailing them. I cant phone them as its overseas. But i'll try contacting them again and see how it goes.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Phone them.

Cant. The university is overseas.
Im texting that university as thats what ive been told to do when i emailed them about it and as for the other university, i have been emailing them. I cant phone them as its overseas. But i'll try contacting them again and see how it goes.

That's all you can do is keep trying till you eventually get a response from them both and hopefully sooner rather than later for your sake with two wrong courses you accidentally applied for....
Cant. The university is overseas.

If it is that important an international call is worth it. You could but yourself a calling card. These work out cheaper,
Did the uni acknowledge receipt of the text in any way?
Reply 8
Original post by Admit-One
Did the uni acknowledge receipt of the text in any way?

Original post by swanseajack1
If it is that important an international call is worth it. You could but yourself a calling card. These work out cheaper,

Original post by Tracey_W
That's all you can do is keep trying till you eventually get a response from them both and hopefully sooner rather than later for your sake with two wrong courses you accidentally applied for....

Its sort of solved now, I texted them again and they replied. However the other university that I contacted through email have not yet responded.
Its sort of solved now, I texted them again and they replied. However the other university that I contacted through email have not yet responded.

How long ago did you email?
Original post by Admit-One
How long ago did you email?

Emailed them 6 days ago.
Emailed them 6 days ago.

I would usually give them at least 10 working days before chasing. Two weeks total.

Okay.
Hopefully both will eventually response to you 🙂🙂

Like @Admit-One said give them a time limit before chasing it up rather than keep pestering them with emails etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending