The Student Room Group

Gap year friends

Hi everyone! I have deferred my offer and will be taking a gap year before heading to vet school in 2023. I might be doing some travelling but will mostly be staying in the UK. Would love to meet some people in the same boat and have some gap year buddies! Reply to this thread if you’re interested :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hey I'm having a gap year too to reapply to uni and am gonna be working and travelling!
Hello! I'll also be taking a gap year from September :smile:

I'll be spending most of my time working, volunteering, hopefully trying out tutoring. I want to save up some money for university and maybe do some travelling in the summer months.
Reply 3
Original post by H4ttie03
Hey I'm having a gap year too to reapply to uni and am gonna be working and travelling!

Hi! What’ll you be reapplying for? And where do you plan to travel? Sounds exciting!
Reply 4
Original post by hyacinth77
Hello! I'll also be taking a gap year from September :smile:

I'll be spending most of my time working, volunteering, hopefully trying out tutoring. I want to save up some money for university and maybe do some travelling in the summer months.

Hi! I’d also love to do some volunteering and definitely need to save! What will you be studying at university when you go?
Original post by lalana03
Hi! I’d also love to do some volunteering and definitely need to save! What will you be studying at university when you go?

I'll be studying French and Spanish!
What about you? :smile:
Hi! What’ll you be reapplying for? And where do you plan to travel? Sounds exciting!

Depending on my a level results either geography or spanish and German! Spain for a few weeks and then either Australia or interrail around the rest of Europe. Thank you so does your plan:smile:
Hi everyone! I have deferred my offer and will be taking a gap year before heading to vet school in 2023. I might be doing some travelling but will mostly be staying in the UK. Would love to meet some people in the same boat and have some gap year buddies! Reply to this thread if you’re interested :smile:

I’m also taking a gap year but I’m probably going to reapply for next year.
My plans so far are to work, get some experience in film/media, volunteer, learn to drive and hopefully go travelling a bit towards the end :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by hyacinth77
I'll be studying French and Spanish!
What about you? :smile:

Ooo interesting! I’ll be studying veterinary science at bristol :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by tamararama
I’m also taking a gap year but I’m probably going to reapply for next year.
My plans so far are to work, get some experience in film/media, volunteer, learn to drive and hopefully go travelling a bit towards the end :smile:

All sounds exciting! Where are you hoping to travel? I need to learn to drive too 😅
Reply 10
Depending on my a level results either geography or spanish and German! Spain for a few weeks and then either Australia or interrail around the rest of Europe. Thank you so does your plan:smile:

Ooo both good options! I hope you get the grades you want. Interrailing sounds amazing, i know lots of people who’ve loved it
Ooo both good options! I hope you get the grades you want. Interrailing sounds amazing, i know lots of people who’ve loved it

Yeah I rlly hope so although spanish mightve not gone too great lol. Yeah I want to travel a lot as I've only been to France and I think it would be rlly fun!
Reply 12
Yeah I rlly hope so although spanish mightve not gone too great lol. Yeah I want to travel a lot as I've only been to France and I think it would be rlly fun!

I’m sure you will love it! I think it’ll be great to have some motivation and something to look forward to as well
I’m sure you will love it! I think it’ll be great to have some motivation and something to look forward to as well

Yeah definitely I hope you have a great time too!
All sounds exciting! Where are you hoping to travel? I need to learn to drive too 😅

I have no clue yet but i’d love to go to italy and amsterdam!
Reply 15
Original post by tamararama
I have no clue yet but i’d love to go to italy and amsterdam!

Amazing! I went to amsterdam when I was younger and I loved it, and Italy looks incredible
Reply 16
Yeah definitely I hope you have a great time too!

Thank you! I’m hoping to travel to new zealand as i have family there which should be great 🤞🏻
Hi I'm taking a gap year and going to university at 2023 too, I'll be going to the university of Huddersfield to study a science Foundation year before hopefully studying optometry. In my gap year I'll be volunteering at my local charity shop, learning to drive and hopefully getting some experience at a local opticians.
Thank you! I’m hoping to travel to new zealand as i have family there which should be great 🤞🏻

Omg that's so cool! I might consider new Zealand as well as Australia depends what's cheaper and how much money I have lol
Hi, it's so good to talk to people in the same position as me! I plan on going to university in 2023, in my gap year I'm planning on doing some volunteering, but most of all I want to travel. I've just got back from Egypt, I have Majorca booked for September, Dominican Republic booked for January but I hope to go to Maldives, Dubai or Mauritius for my birthday in May. I also want to do some online courses but I'm a bit unsure as how to go about it, if anyone knows that would be great :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest