The Student Room Group

Driving

How long does it take to study the theory and when did you complete yours?
I feel anxious about the theory test. I have always started revising then half way I feel let down and scrap what I have done.
Do you have the app? I studied for 2 weeks. I suggest you book your theory first then carry on revising
Original post by Noble.x
Do you have the app? I studied for 2 weeks. I suggest you book your theory first then carry on revising

Thank you for the reply, which app do you use? I have the blue one DVLA I think thats what its called, on iPhone.
I’ve got the DVLA theory test too. I got the same questions on the test but just worded differently. If I passed first time you can too x
Original post by MissCarter786
Thank you for the reply, which app do you use? I have the blue one DVLA I think thats what its called, on iPhone.
Original post by Noble.x
I’ve got the DVLA theory test too. I got the same questions on the test but just worded differently. If I passed first time you can too x

Thank you so much for the motivation, I needed this :frown:

Have you started taking lessons yet or have you already passed?
Thank you so much for the motivation, I needed this :frown:

Have you started taking lessons yet or have you already passed?

I have started driving lessons 2 weeks ago. So I had my second lesson couple days ago. Did you book your theory yet?
Omg congrats on passing your theory! Im sure you will do amazing for your lessons too!!! Are you learning to drive manually?

I havent yet, I have one final exam, after that I will book my theory test :smile: Hopefully we can stay in touch!

Original post by Noble.x
I have started driving lessons 2 weeks ago. So I had my second lesson couple days ago. Did you book your theory yet?
Omg congrats on passing your theory! Im sure you will do amazing for your lessons too!!! Are you learning to drive manually?

I havent yet, I have one final exam, after that I will book my theory test :smile: Hopefully we can stay in touch!

Thank you!!🙈Yh I’m doing manual. I tried the automatic once and thought it’s quite boring and I’m better off doing the manual so I can get a full licence
Original post by Noble.x
Thank you!!🙈Yh I’m doing manual. I tried the automatic once and thought it’s quite boring and I’m better off doing the manual so I can get a full licence

Is manual difficult as compared to automatic?
Is manual difficult as compared to automatic?

Mmm no but during your lessons you’ll be able to try both so you can choose whatever you’re comfortable with.
How long does it take to study the theory and when did you complete yours?
I feel anxious about the theory test. I have always started revising then half way I feel let down and scrap what I have done.

Learning theory depends on how much you time you can give per day. Let's say if you spent 1 hour each day learning theory, you can easily complete it in a month hopefully. Just make some short notes on each topic so you can recall the lessons quickly. To be honest it doesn't require any effort at all, it's all self explanatory. The highway code booklet is straight forward, some things are confusing, you can always refer online for the clarification.

Driving is fun and you will enjoy your practical classes a lot, just bear with the theory for the mean time, good luck.
Original post by Mr. Petrol Head
Learning theory depends on how much you time you can give per day. Let's say if you spent 1 hour each day learning theory, you can easily complete it in a month hopefully. Just make some short notes on each topic so you can recall the lessons quickly. To be honest it doesn't require any effort at all, it's all self explanatory. The highway code booklet is straight forward, some things are confusing, you can always refer online for the clarification.

Driving is fun and you will enjoy your practical classes a lot, just bear with the theory for the mean time, good luck.

Thank you!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending