The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Accommodation at Manchester university

Have filled out my accommodation application and was asked to pick 5 choices but wasn’t asked put them in an order of preference. Why doesn’t Manchester let you pick a first choice ?? I had to pick two I don’t really want, if I get them can I contact the university and ask them to change (assuming they will have spaces at my other options)??
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
i’ve had to do the same, it’s so annoying
Original post by Emmaxoxoxo12
Have filled out my accommodation application and was asked to pick 5 choices but wasn’t asked put them in an order of preference. Why doesn’t Manchester let you pick a first choice ?? I had to pick two I don’t really want, if I get them can I contact the university and ask them to change (assuming they will have spaces at my other options)??
Hi Emma,
If you are offered something you are not keen on I would suggest that in the first instance you accept the offer (so at least you know you have accommodation secured), then having done that, contact us to let us know what you would like to change to and give us the reasons why (this will help us to help you) - we will then look to see if we can match you up with a suitable room.
For more information write to us at [email protected]
Hope that helps.
Paul
Have done this as really wanted campus accommodation . I am now on a waiting list but was unable to find out what the chances of relocation are. In desperation thinking of taking a private room nearer where I wanted to be but would need to give up uni accommodation which I would have preferred and felt safer. AccommdTion office has been helpful but v stressful and cant look forward to September til resolved
Reply 5
Original post by Annabel569
Have done this as really wanted campus accommodation . I am now on a waiting list but was unable to find out what the chances of relocation are. In desperation thinking of taking a private room nearer where I wanted to be but would need to give up uni accommodation which I would have preferred and felt safer. AccommdTion office has been helpful but v stressful and cant look forward to September til resolved

what hall have you been offered? i’ve got an offer from weston in city campus! if you’re interested, let me know!

Quick Reply

Latest