The Student Room Group

Baby fever?

So everyone around me is either trying for babies, are pregnant or want a baby. We're in the range of 17-19 year olds all the people I see and know of and I know I don't want a baby until I've finished my education , my travelling , buying a family home and car etc but for a few weeks now I've been having this weird craving sort of feeling and I really want a baby. Is this normal and how do I get rid of it?

Scroll to see replies

Is this a joke
Original post by Anonymous
Is this a joke

No. I'm being genuine and serious
Why would it not be normal at your age, the maternal instinct prevails within the female kind to propel the survival of every species; but you will just have to learn to suppress it
Why would it not be normal at your age, the maternal instinct prevails within the female kind to propel the survival of every species; but you will just have to learn to suppress it

I want to enjoy life before any kids arrive but it's the thought of being able to experience pregnancy to see what it's like and having to care for a baby. It just makes me feel happy and it's like the craving for chocolate... you just want it but it's not good for you.
So everyone around me is either trying for babies, are pregnant or want a baby. We're in the range of 17-19 year olds all the people I see and know of and I know I don't want a baby until I've finished my education , my travelling , buying a family home and car etc but for a few weeks now I've been having this weird craving sort of feeling and I really want a baby. Is this normal and how do I get rid of it?

Don't have a baby at such young age especially if you are planning to go to university for a degree 😉😉😉
You have plenty of time on your hands to have kid's.
Enjoy your life first 🙂🙂.

Because you are amongst those who having babies you are having those thoughts as well because you seeing others who are pregnant 🤰🤰 or had their babies.
Original post by Allyson2020
Don't have a baby at such young age especially if you are planning to go to university for a degree 😉😉😉
You have plenty of time on your hands to have kid's.
Enjoy your life first 🙂🙂.

Because you are amongst those who having babies you are having those thoughts as well because you seeing others who are pregnant 🤰🤰 or had their babies.

I want to go to uni yes so having a baby would not be ideal. I just need to get rid of that feeling don't I! :redface:

Your far too young have you even had a thought to look at yourself and think for one moment the roles and responsibilities needed to upbring and bring up a child giving them the best upbringing, education whilst studying, looking towards taking a mortgage, still doing your driving when you haven’t even done half of these???
It is fine to know that one day you want to be a parent and have a biological child of your own. :smile:
But do use your common sense.
If you only want to date guys that want a biological child and will be a good coparent, add these to your dating dealbreakers.

But only plan to have a baby when you are able to provide for it.
With your savings, employment income, positive emotions and time.
Without depending upon any help and support from your own relatives, the state or a coparent.
In the short term- focus upon your education, employment, finances, favourite hobbies, widening your skillset and working towards building the happy & stable future life that you want.
So that one day when your circumstances have improved and the time is right, you will be able to provide your child with a happy and stable childhood.
Good luck!
Original post by Mohammed_80
Your far too young have you even had a thought to look at yourself and think for one moment the roles and responsibilities needed to upbring and bring up a child giving them the best upbringing, education whilst studying, looking towards taking a mortgage, still doing your driving when you haven’t even done half of these???

I just like the idea of having a nice family. I'm a dreamer lol and I fantasise a lot... maybe I should stop watching romance films or films in general. I'm not saying I will have a baby right now. I am just saying I am craving it
Original post by londonmyst
It is fine to know that one day you want to be a parent and have a biological child of your own. :smile:
But do use your common sense.
If you only want to date guys that want a biological child and will be a good coparent, add these to your dating dealbreakers.

But only plan to have a baby when you are able to provide for it.
With your savings, employment income, positive emotions and time.
Without depending upon any help and support from your own relatives, the state or a coparent.
In the short term- focus upon your education, employment, finances, favourite hobbies, widening your skillset and working towards building the happy & stable future life that you want.
So that one day when your circumstances have improved and the time is right, you will be able to provide your child with a happy and stable childhood.
Good luck!

I don't even want a baby at my age. It's just people around me getting all hyped up and excited and even showing their baby bumps. I really want to experience that. Before people were deciding on getting pregnant or accidental ones, I didn't want a baby and never experienced baby fever I don't think. But I have this urge just to get pregnant right now but I don't want to and I know that I'll regret it.
I want to go to uni yes so having a baby would not be ideal. I just need to get rid of that feeling don't I! :redface:

Don't think about those others around you who are having or planning this. It will be hard but you'll find ways of distracting yourself away from thinking of this.
Original post by Mohammed_80
Bless you x, that’s sweet so do I, to be honest I am crushing on someone, and there’s sign’s that we both feel the same way for each other neither of us have told each other yet and I hope she reciprocates the way I feel for her back to dream exactly the same way you are X which is adorable and cute your type of genre film you should never stop because that’s cute it’s what you favouritize but you need to be realistic and optimistic. I felt flattered being called a father figure even at my age :colondollar:.

That's really cute. I wish you luck with all of that. I need to stop thinking about babies and pregnancy. Someone I know is going to give birth next month and I just really really want to experience having a baby in my belly. You know? I just know deep down, I will regret it.
You should be financially and emotionally secure before you even think about having a child. Too many children suffer because people treat them like fads or pets.
Original post by YaliaV123
You should be financially and emotionally secure before you even think about having a child. Too many children suffer because people treat them like fads or pets.

Yes, I'm not saying I will have a baby I just really want one.
I don't even want a baby at my age. It's just people around me getting all hyped up and excited and even showing their baby bumps. I really want to experience that. Before people were deciding on getting pregnant or accidental ones, I didn't want a baby and never experienced baby fever I don't think. But I have this urge just to get pregnant right now but I don't want to and I know that I'll regret it.

Maybe you are feeling left out or connect being pregnant with being as happy as those friends seem to be whenever you see them?
But do remember that most females don't enjoy the morning sickness or visible weight gain that frequently accompanies pregnancy.

One of my friends from school felt the same way as you do when she was 17.
Except she never wanted to be pregnant with a biological child of her own or have sex with a guy.
She got involved in surrogacy for 3-4 years and still makes a comfortable income selling her eggs to overseas ivf brokers & private clinics.
Have you considered looking into altruistic surrogacy when you are in your 20s to help women with fertility issues have ivf children?
Original post by londonmyst
Maybe you are feeling left out or connect being pregnant with being as happy as those friends seem to be whenever you see them?
But do remember that most females don't enjoy the morning sickness or visible weight gain that frequently accompanies pregnancy.

One of my friends from school felt the same way as you do when she was 17.
Except she never wanted to be pregnant with a biological child of her own or have sex with a guy.
She got involved in surrogacy for 3-4 years and still makes a comfortable income selling her eggs to overseas ivf brokers & private clinics.
Have you considered looking into altruistic surrogacy when you are in your 20s to help women with fertility issues have ivf children?

Yes I would consider this as an option. How much do you get for it? (I'm not worried about the money just curious) I never knew this was really a thing so this is cool. Do you think it's odd for someone my age to actually plan a pregnancy with someone they are committed with?
Just wait until your friends babies are born. They'll be complaining about how difficult it is being a young parent while you'll have the freedom to go over, play with them, then give them back when they get fussy. :biggrin:
Yes I would consider this as an option.
How much do you get for it? (I'm not worried about the money just curious) I never knew this was really a thing so this is cool. Do you think it's odd for someone my age to actually plan a pregnancy with someone they are committed with?

For altruistic surrogacy legal in the uk, they receive reasonable expenses only.
This normally involves full repayment of all out of pocket expenses connected with surrogacy, legal fees, a small cash allowance, free medication and healthcare connected with the pregnancy paid for by the intended parents.
17-19 year olds wanting babies at their age?? Surely not 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending