The Student Room Group

I'm so freaking scared for med school results day

ahhh i honestly dont know what to do like I am at my wit's end. so in may I sat my first year med exams and I found them terrible - and terrible would be an understatement. i was crying after every single one and I was admitted to hospital before my first exam so that was loveleyy :smile: . my mental health was so bad and so was my physical health. i applied for mit circs but my lovely uni doesn't add on any marks they just allow your resits to be counted as first sitting.

anyways, I am going back to my home country soon bc a family member has fallen seriously ill and I'm so worried because i should be revising.. results come out in 2 weeks and that's when I'll be 10000 miles away probs not doing any work because I'll be so busy. i come back to UK 2 days before resits. i really don't want to risk getting kicked out because I worked my butt off to get here and idk. why is med school so hard.

sorry for the rant but i would appreciate it if any med students offer any advice/experiences of finding exams hard and miraculously doing well bc that would make me feel a whole lot better. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by starrystudy
ahhh i honestly dont know what to do like I am at my wit's end. so in may I sat my first year med exams and I found them terrible - and terrible would be an understatement. i was crying after every single one and I was admitted to hospital before my first exam so that was loveleyy :smile: . my mental health was so bad and so was my physical health. i applied for mit circs but my lovely uni doesn't add on any marks they just allow your resits to be counted as first sitting.

anyways, I am going back to my home country soon bc a family member has fallen seriously ill and I'm so worried because i should be revising.. results come out in 2 weeks and that's when I'll be 10000 miles away probs not doing any work because I'll be so busy. i come back to UK 2 days before resits. i really don't want to risk getting kicked out because I worked my butt off to get here and idk. why is med school so hard.

sorry for the rant but i would appreciate it if any med students offer any advice/experiences of finding exams hard and miraculously doing well bc that would make me feel a whole lot better. :smile:

Can I ask whether you really want to become a medical doctor or was a choice motivated by other factors?
Original post by VNS_3
Can I ask whether you really want to become a medical doctor or was a choice motivated by other factors?

It was my own choice. but the difficulty of medical school has shattered my passion for it, I'm finding it hard to carry on
Reply 3
Original post by starrystudy
It was my own choice. but the difficulty of medical school has shattered my passion for it, I'm finding it hard to carry on

Do you like your studies? What I mean is do you like the lectures and the courses you have taken so far?
Original post by VNS_3
Do you like your studies? What I mean is do you like the lectures and the courses you have taken so far?

I find the lectures interesting so I try my best to go to all teaching sessions. there's a lot of components I don't like purely because I find them harder, but overall I do enjoy the course yes. It is just rlly stressful and really time-consuming and overall I feel like I am not coping with the workload properly
had the same feeling you might surprise yourself dw you cant do much and if you fail which i doubt you know what to resit
Original post by sppedcup
had the same feeling you might surprise yourself dw you cant do much and if you fail which i doubt you know what to resit

im guessing youve finished exams? How did you find them and were they better than you expected?
Reply 7
I'm waiting for my results aswell and i get a little anxious since I wanna get the grades for my uni offer, best to just occupy yourself in the meantime by working or doing a hobby you're passionate in, only thing you can do really
Thanks ecolier for such nice words, really appreciate it with how down I'm feeling at the minute :smile:
The thing is there is only 1 week between finding out my results and resitting, and I will be away in a place where I cant even revise:cry:but as you said, there's really nothing I can do now and hopefully I miraculously pass :smile:

also PRSOM !!
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending