The Student Room Group

Going to fail 2nd year…

I sent off 2 applications for mitigation in April and May, 1 for 2 assignments and 1 for 2 exams in May. I was in hospital both times and had pictures of my hospital wrist band and also proof i was on medication at the time.

I’ve since discovered since the release of the terms exam results that my application was never sent and i wasn’t granted deferrals. It turns out the emails were stuck in my outbox due to my unis new policy of 2FA which i didn’t set up on my laptop.

I’m not sure what to do next and the deferral season starts in a week
Definitely tell them again now, you have nothing to lose. Since you have official records being in hospital, I think you have a strong case. It's just whether the uni is happy to process that at this stage, but you can only know if you act fast.
Original post by ran-dumb
Definitely tell them again now, you have nothing to lose. Since you have official records being in hospital, I think you have a strong case. It's just whether the uni is happy to process that at this stage, but you can only know if you act fast.

true, i guess i’ll call them today. Have a feeling it’s already too late since the term results are published :frown: although they did ask if there’s errors at the bottom

I haven’t sent the emails still as they might want proof it’s been in my outbox, they’re even date stamped. I hardly ever use my laptop so haven’t even noticed
Original post by Anonymous
true, i guess i’ll call them today. Have a feeling it’s already too late since the term results are published :frown: although they did ask if there’s errors at the bottom

I haven’t sent the emails still as they might want proof it’s been in my outbox, they’re even date stamped. I hardly ever use my laptop so haven’t even noticed

At my uni, even after the board meeting and they decide whether you have to repeat the year and all that, you can appeal their decision if you bring up new evidence and explain why you didn't earlier. So I think you should be fine, leaving the emails there is a good idea too.
Original post by Anonymous
I sent off 2 applications for mitigation in April and May, 1 for 2 assignments and 1 for 2 exams in May. I was in hospital both times and had pictures of my hospital wrist band and also proof i was on medication at the time.

I’ve since discovered since the release of the terms exam results that my application was never sent and i wasn’t granted deferrals. It turns out the emails were stuck in my outbox due to my unis new policy of 2FA which i didn’t set up on my laptop.

I’m not sure what to do next and the deferral season starts in a week

That’s an insane thing to happen. I’m so very sorry to hear about your issues. I would contact the disability/motivation/exam results people NOW and ask about the possibility of extending your due date.

If you have proof that your emails were not sent correctly then I can’t see how they would refuse your extension. Do not delete the unsent emails and take several screenshots of your outbox.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
A terrible situation to be in. It is worth getting in touch with them ASAP but ultimately this is your mistake and so your fault, so I'm not hopeful of a resolution with which you'd be happy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending