The Student Room Group

Help

How can I do my further studies of civil engineering at degree level in uk
Original post by JP ocen
How can I do my further studies of civil engineering at degree level in uk

Where are you at, in terms of education, right now?

The fact that you say "further studies" implies that you're perhaps studying Civil Engineering right now. Is that correct? So you're looking for a postgraduate Civil Engineering course?

Or perhaps you're looking for a undergraduate degree course in Civil Engineering?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Where are you at, in terms of education, right now?

The fact that you say "further studies" implies that you're perhaps studying Civil Engineering right now. Is that correct? So you're looking for a postgraduate Civil Engineering course?

Or perhaps you're looking for a undergraduate degree course in Civil Engineering?

I have a diploma in civil engineering
Original post by JP ocen
I have a diploma in civil engineering

Do the know the exact qualification you have? Was it obtained in the UK?

Similar (but different) qualifications have different UCAS Tariff points and can be more (or less) attractive to universities.

Perhaps you have one of these?

BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Civil Engineering
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Civil Engineering

Or something else? What is the exact name on the certificate or other paperwork?

The grade you achieved is also key to establishing how you can further your studies of civil engineering at degree level.

For example, if you have a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Civil Engineering, and obtained grade D*D*D*, then that's worth 168 UCAS points - the same as A*A*A* at A level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending