The Student Room Group

How to resign from Mcdonalds

I'm a part time crew member who works once a week. I've been at Mcdonalds close to a whole year. Recently I got a retail job and now I want to quit. Can I just call up my manager and tell him I resign? I know face to face is better but now I have to wait a whole week to see him. I've been putting this off for a while now as I'm not sure what to say or do.
(edited 1 year ago)
you have to put in a two week notice I think
Write a letter saying you resign. Give it to your boss.

Don't leave on bad terms, you might need a reference in the future.
Original post by tj674
I'm a part time crew member who works once a week. I've been at Mcdonalds close to a whole year. Recently I got a retail job and now I want to quit. Can I just call up my manager and tell him I resign? I know face to face is better but now I have to wait a whole week to see him. I've been putting this off for a while now as I'm not sure what to say or do.

Put it in writing is best thing to do

Write a letter stating as from xxx you no longer working with McDonald's ( branch name) and get it handed in asap and keep a copy of it

How long notice do you have to give McDonalds....

Permanent Level 2 employees are required to give 1 week's notice. While casual Crew may resign at the end of any shift, it is anticipated that where possible Crew will ordinarily work their remaining rostered shifts in consultation with the Rostering Manager.
Reply 4
Can I email the letter as my two weeks notice. I wanted to speak to my manager today but he wasn't in. My next shift is next week.
Original post by tj674
Can I email the letter as my two weeks notice. I wanted to speak to my manager today but he wasn't in. My next shift is next week.

Suggest you do both email and also hand one in as well just incase they say that they never received a letter or email from you 😸😸 get a staff member to sign something saying that you handed one in for the manager.
Reply 7
Email your manager immediately, work your notice period and then go, is the honourable thing to do. Don’t worry they’ll be used to people leaving

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending