The Student Room Group

Anyone doing an access to medicine course this year?

Hi, I'm trying to find people doing an access to medicine course this year, since I've got a bunch of questions since there is not much info online.
Hello, I am doing an access to medicine course this year. I'll be able to answer any questions that you have.
Original post by NCiTizen
Hello, I am doing an access to medicine course this year. I'll be able to answer any questions that you have.

Cool! What colleges are you wanting to apply to? And are you going to do the UCAT this year to get an entry for next year?
Original post by wubwubwubwub
Cool! What colleges are you wanting to apply to? And are you going to do the UCAT this year to get an entry for next year?

I'm planning on applying to Manchester, Nottingham (still unsure) and Edinburgh. However, I don't know where else I want to apply for. You have to do the UCAT this year for entry next year and I'll also be doing the BMAT.
Original post by NCiTizen
I'm planning on applying to Manchester, Nottingham (still unsure) and Edinburgh. However, I don't know where else I want to apply for. You have to do the UCAT this year for entry next year and I'll also be doing the BMAT.

So what Universities are you looking to go to? And do these colleges provide accomadation?
Original post by wubwubwubwub
Hi, I'm trying to find people doing an access to medicine course this year, since I've got a bunch of questions since there is not much info online.

Hi. I just completed an access to medicine course with an offer for med. I'm happy to answer any questions for you if you want.
Original post by Rosiemaexx
Hi. I just completed an access to medicine course with an offer for med. I'm happy to answer any questions for you if you want.

Congrats! What college did you apply to and what university are you going to?
I’m currently looking into access courses to medicine and am considering taking it. However im not quite sure if it would help my application and help me get into medicine next year, can someone help and give advice on this.
Thank you for moving it to an appropriate thread. I’m still waiting to receive my A level results but I’ve been unsuccessful in my application for medicine, and my mate told me to look into access courses. My ucat wasn’t good enough and I’m sure that’s the main reason, along with that I only have 5 gcse o levels” as I had to move to Pakistan and foreigners only have to take 5 subjects, so maybe that’s another reason I was unsuccessful. I’m likely to take a gap year and reapply but my father wants me to make use out of that year academically by taking a course of any type. If you could recommend some courses that have transfer schemes that would also be appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending